Checking idle of 2016 T120

DaThresh

Local time
Yesterday, 21:49
My Ride
2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 Black
Hi!

This is my first post on the forum, hello everybody!

I just got a new (to me) 2016 T120 Black w/ the gunmetal gas tank!

Bike is awesome!!! Just wanted to check on a few things, as I am very particular about my cars/bikes.

The bike appears to have a slightly rough idle, and maybe backfires every once in a while. I didn't know if any of this was normal or maybe an adjustment is off or what. I was wondering if anybody would be able to share a video of their idle so I can compare, or maybe share insight on to something I may not know about. The bike runs well when under load.

The bike wasn't driven much in the recent past, so I'm going to try and put fuel system cleaner into the gas tank and see if that does anything, saw somebody else on here had success with it in the past. I haven't put any new gas in it since I got it, so maybe it's that too, no idea.

Also, the bike has 4,200 miles, if that makes a difference!

Oh, and, besides that, I love it, mush smoother than my old KTM Duke hahah!

Welcome to TT from the Sunshine State. I have no experience with the T120. Hopefully a T120 owner will jump in.

Welcome to TT as well.
Think you are on the right path with trying to clean up the fuel system. Would try Seafoam myself as it's a very effective upper engine cleaner if you have not heard of it before.

I just got my T120 Black back from a seasonal oil change and service. Among the items they noted for future concern was a throttle body imbalance. Which had the symptoms you describe. The shop wanted $250+ for the job, which is a screwdriver adjustment, if you have the software. The software is available for free, but you have to be pretty competent to make it work.
So, not a big deal, but to fix it, you need a skill set only you can evaluate.

Good information. TUPThanks for the post.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom