Classic Bike Registering

suzook12

Local time
Today, 02:16
My Ride
TR6
Anybody got any experience of going about registering a rebuilt classic? Does it matter if it's not 100% original? Been looking at DVLA and as usual, about as clear as mud!!
Cheers
Steve

Anybody got any experience of going about registering a rebuilt classic?
DVLA and as usual, about as clear as mud
Read The Vintage Motor Cycle Club - Library and DVLA Forms and Triumph Owners Club Services to Members then decide which club you want to use - afaik it will need to be one of those two for the DVLA accepted Dating Certificate - to help you get either the original registration or an age-related one.

Does it matter if it's not 100% original?
It does have at least to look basically original - raked frame, 15-over forks, CB750 engine are all no-no. However, pick your club (note you don't actually have to join, but it is cheaper if you do), send them the required photos, the club person will tell you whether or not the bike is "original" enough they can issue a Dating Certificate.

Cheers Rudie (y)

Mine of useful information as usual.

Cam tools arrive tomorrow
Clutch puller by Monday

Anybody got any experience of going about registering a rebuilt classic? Does it matter if it's not 100% original? Been looking at DVLA and as usual, about as clear as mud!!
Cheers
Steve
Hi i registered a t120 with no hassle, depends how much you've done to it as long as frame and chassy number match cant see any problems i'd ring them . Good Luck

Hi i registered a t120 with no hassle, depends how much you've done to it as long as frame and chassy number match cant see any problems i'd ring them . Good Luck
Hi Nidge
It would appear that if you have the US title then it is indeed plain sailing, If you don't, it could be a lottery as to how easy it is to get a V5c. Talking to a dealer Saturday and he said around 9 bikes he got registered with no issues at all, however, another one they refuse to accept until it is fully restored with authentication letter etc. Was a Guzzi 2 stroke which I never knew even existed

Hi Nidge
It would appear that if you have the US title then it is indeed plain sailing, If you don't, it could be a lottery as to how easy it is to get a V5c. Talking to a dealer Saturday and he said around 9 bikes he got registered with no issues at all, however, another one they refuse to accept until it is fully restored with authentication letter etc. Was a Guzzi 2 stroke which I never knew even existed
Yes i did have the original title, But dvla sent me back a log book for a triumph herald car needless to say after a phone call it was corrected.

Yes i did have the original title, But dvla sent me back a log book for a triumph herald car needless to say after a phone call it was corrected.
Could only be the DVLA!! What's the turnaround like at the moment, do ya know?

Could only be the DVLA!! What's the turnaround like at the moment, do ya know?
Not sure, its a year since i did mine took about six weeks, due to the backlog created by the lockdown.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom