Classics Section NEWS! *** Please Read ***

Hello!

I was blessed to marry a Triumph loving wife and we are now starting a ground up restoration of a 1976 Triumph Bonneville T140V. We also enjoy the new ones too. We have a Daytona (for canyon carving) and a Trophy for our road trips. Her father was a Triumph mechanic all through the 60's and 70's and is helping restore a 1970 T120R for our son. Looking forward to browsing the forum and gleaning as much as I can from all of your experiences. The picture attached is when we brought the T140V home in the back of our Honda Pilot. Basket case to say the least. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2514.JPG
    IMG_2514.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 9
Hello!

I was blessed to marry a Triumph loving wife and we are now starting a ground up restoration of a 1976 Triumph Bonneville T140V. We also enjoy the new ones too. We have a Daytona (for canyon carving) and a Trophy for our road trips. Her father was a Triumph mechanic all through the 60's and 70's and is helping restore a 1970 T120R for our son. Looking forward to browsing the forum and gleaning as much as I can from all of your experiences. The picture attached is when we brought the T140V home in the back of our Honda Pilot. Basket case to say the least. :)

Looks like you have a fun project ahead of you and I am looking forward to following it as you go along.

Cool Brhino, keep us posted. We love restoration projects.

Hello!

Welcome aboard. There is a lot of good information here and some very knowledgeable folks. I can relate to that basket case! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome, I also restored a 76 T140V, and will enjoy watching your restoration project, keep us posted.

The picture attached is when we brought the T140V home in the back of our Honda Pilot. Basket case to say the least.
By all means, post new threads in the Restoration & Rebuilding section! Welcome.

Doesn’t matter how long you have been fiddling or fettling with old bikes you can always find someone else’s angle to do the same job that makes it easier and more obvious so I am all for people writing up their experiences. We are never too old to learn
Pictures as they say are gold but I’m usually in a blinding rush to sort things I only remember after the fact that I should have slowed down and photographed the process
So I am all for those who have the foresight to do this and it doesn’t matter how menial the task is we can at least pass on the process.
P.S to self slow down and keep camera handy !

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom