Riding for 39 Years
Local time
Today, 05:14
First Name
Chris
My Ride
Triumph Speedmaster 865
Hi all
I'm considering putting Cocktail Shaker silencers on my 2009 EFi Speedy. The silencers are very reasonably priced. Can anyone tell me what I need to consider when changing these over? Note that I'm only changing the silencers and not the downpipes.

Thanks

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 01:14
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Shouldn't have to do anything if all the proper mounts come with or line up for your bike.
The ECU will adapt if there is better exhaust breathing.

paddit

Riding for 39 Years
Local time
First Name
Chris
My Ride
Triumph Speedmaster 865
Thanks very much!

Arnie

Riding for 11 Years
Local time
My Ride
2011 Triumph Speedmaster
I think you will need to get the ECU remapped, I put cocktail shakers on my 2011 speedmaster and they popped and banger like made when down shifting.. Triumph dealer can do the remap for about £70.00 but just be aware, they are bloody loud!
Hope this helps mate,
Ride safe

markyoung286

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
Today, 00:14
First Name
Mark
My Ride
2010 Triumph America
I think you will need to get the ECU remapped, I put cocktail shakers on my 2011 speedmaster and they popped and banger like made when down shifting.. Triumph dealer can do the remap for about £70.00 but just be aware, they are bloody loud!
Hope this helps mate,
Ride safe

Yes, I have cocktail shakers on my 2010 America and the motorcycle definitely benefited by being remapped. I have a Triumph Twin Power map on my motorcycle now which is excellent, but I also got good results uploading a free map using TuneECU before I purchased from TTP. It does takes a special OBD-2 cable to connect a computer to the ECU of the bike, but TuneECU is a free download and it is pretty easy to use.

There is a lot of helpful information available on various ones of the other Triumph sites about TuneECU.

Hurtle

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
Today, 14:14
First Name
Peter
My Ride
2011 America (aka Roy)
I fitted a pair of cocktail mufflers to Roy (2011 America). Bloody loud in original condition! Popped and banged like a drug addict. Stuffed 5 stainless steel pot scourers in each and ended up with an acceptable volume, decent enough note and still a slight boost in performance. No remapping, though.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom