jonnymagpie

Local time
Today, 05:03
First Name
jonny
My Ride
triumph tiger 900
Hello Im buying a 2021 900 tiger rally pro
Triumph web site implies it only works with 4 Bluetooth headsets.. anybody using different and recommends.....

Triumph web site implies it only works with 4 Bluetooth headsets.. anybody using different and recommends.....
Hey Jonny, congratulations on the booking, as far as I know it supports Sena 20S and Cardo Paktalk; it is still a little fiddly when connecting with most bluetooth headsets. I tried on testride bike and Sena worked OK. A firmware update should fix some of the niggles.
I'm awaiting for the delivery of new 900 Rally Pro (expected in a couple of months).

Works with both my Sena 50S and Cardo Packtalk Bold. azokie

I got my sena sf2 to connect but I had to pair I as a GPS unit ; the bike couldn’t find it as a headset. Everything works but the volume.

Hi
I recently had the connectivity module retro fitted to my 2020 Tiger 800 XRT. I use a Shark Evoline 3 Helmet with a Cellularline Urban Bluetooth Headset and I have no issues at all. I live close to the Triumph factory in Hinckley UK and after speaking to my local dealer they say that Triumph have been having issues with the connectivity unit but are regularly doing updates. One strange issues is that the front heated seat stops working but the rear works as normal ??
If you are really unsure then check with the shop to see if you can connect the headset before buying, but in the main i reckon most will work with no problem.

Hi
I recently had the connectivity module retro fitted to my 2020 Tiger 800 XRT. I use a Shark Evoline 3 Helmet with a Cellularline Urban Bluetooth Headset and I have no issues at all. I live close to the Triumph factory in Hinckley UK and after speaking to my local dealer they say that Triumph have been having issues with the connectivity unit but are regularly doing updates. One strange issues is that the front heated seat stops working but the rear works as normal ??
If you are really unsure then check with the shop to see if you can connect the headset before buying, but in the main i reckon most will work with no problem.
It's not only the heated seat that is not working after the update, The fuel gauge reports zero fuel on fill-up for about 65km before it starts reporting any fuel quantity, truly disappointing. As for software updates on a regular bases, it's totally untrue. They have not done any updates since April after the first release many riders have reported the fuel issue and heated seat. I have requested that my original software be put back and will send the Bluetooth module back, just too many issues with the software and honestly the GPS side of it is just bad, I find that my phone and Google maps and my Bluetooth helmet paired to my phone is 1000% better. Not to mention the Gopro function only works with one model of GoPro which is discontinued and does not work with any other versions. What is the point of that. What a waste of money, totally not worth the effort.

Just my old timers opinion: Bluetooth helmet, what is that? Why? How many distractions do we need? Not only do phones and GPS and intercoms distract from the safety aspect of riding, it negates what riding is all about, escaping the world.

Just my old timers opinion: Bluetooth helmet, what is that? Why? How many distractions do we need? Not only do phones and GPS and intercoms distract from the safety aspect of riding, it negates what riding is all about, escaping the world.
It can connect you to a cell phone in your pocket or to a communications system linked to another rider’s helmet system. Limited distance, but seem to be popular with group riders. I’m with you, I don’t need the distraction. I’m still good with pulling over and then communicating. I’ve considered the idea, but I keep on thinking I really don’t need to be answering a phone and talking while riding. LoL. Yes, I like the idea of being away from the outside interferences.

I got my sena sf2 to connect but I had to pair I as a GPS unit ; the bike couldn’t find it as a headset. Everything works but the volume.
For some reason it all works now. Even the volume is speed sensitive, albeit too speed sensitive.

It it works for you the it’s all good
I’m having one fitted to the McQueen Scrambler on Thursday , will wait to see if it all works as it should on that one .. there are no heated seats on this one and everything else works on the Tiger so fingers crossed

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom