Cost Of Tyre Change?

Woollybandit

Local time
Today, 04:50
My Ride
T140V, TR7V, Guzzi V7ii, Harley Dyna FXD
Riding Since
I’ve just been charged £48 incl vat to change owner supplied tyres to wheels supplied loose.
No weights on the spokes so haven’t been balanced unless by chance both tubed wheels were in perfect balance.

Does this sound about right? ☹️☹️

I pay $25 INCLUDING balancing, and they dispose of the old tires & tubes.

Too much and no they'd not balance them. No tire/rim match is perfect.

I paid an additional £6 for them to dispose of my old tyres and that is to be expected.
Funny thing is the tyres only cost £140 the pair and if they had supplied them the fitting would be free but they didn’t deal with the tyre brand I wanted.
I fully expect to pay for a service but it feels like I’ve been punished for not buying what they stocked. We all know it is the last pound the dealer in North Norfolk will ever get from me.
I actually have the tyre irons needed but not the soap or ability to balance them so thought I’d support my local shop. Fool that I am!

I pay $25 INCLUDING balancing, and they dispose of the old tires & tubes.
That's about what we pay here too - plus a VAT tax.

i ve always changed em myself to save the hassle of trips to town. bought one of these a while back and its made the work easier for wheels with a removeable axle. use fairy to lube the bead.

zbJAGS5l.jpg

put the axle in and suspend the wheel on it between two concrete blocks to balance. this is all well-within ordinary tools and abilities.

the wife uses the old tires in the garden to contain plantings

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom