Could a Triumph Factory Custom Rocket III be Coming?

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Premium Member
Administrator
Local time
Today, 06:12
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
Don’t Bet Against It​

We reported on the fact that the first Triumph Factory Custom (TFC) will be a Thruxton R TFC and will come out in January of 2019. In that article, we also mentioned the possibility of the next TFC build being a Rocket III. But could that really be the case? You betcha.

Triumph has a new Rocket III coming out in 2019. It’s been a decade since the last model first graced us with its somewhat odd but likable presence, and frankly, it’s due for an overhaul. It would be smart for Triumph to get people talking about the new bike with a TFC model.

The TFC model could be a good way for Triumph to generate a buzz around its new power cruiser that will compete directly with the Ducati Diavel.

Image Leaked, Gossip Begins​

Numerous outlets reported on an image of the new Rocket III being leaked after a Triumph dealer meeting, and there are some blurry images floating around that show a Rocket III test mule quickly riding across the stage. According to Financial Express, the upcoming Rocket III’s triple-cylinder engine will increase to 2,500cc. Horsepower and torque numbers should go up, too.

rocket-3-1-med.jpg

Image from Financial Express

With the current 2,294cc engine making 148 hp and 163 lb-ft of torque, you can bet the new bike to be genuinely quick. Triumph appropriately named it. Triumph has made no mention as to the actual power numbers. You can bet the FTC model will receive a modest bump like the Thruxton R FTC does as well as some other special equipment

The Rocket III was never really the runaway success that Triumph hoped. Harley held too much clout in the cruiser market in 2009.

However, the times, they are a-changing. Harley’s future is in trouble. The legendary motorcycle manufacturer can’t wrap itself in the American flag and soldier on like it always has. Its turned to electric motorcycles to try to stop the bleeding.

Time will tell if that’s a smart move, but it makes me think other manufacturers have an opportunity in the cruiser market that never existed before. Maybe the upcoming Rocket III will captivate audiences like its predecessor never did.

The post Could a Triumph Factory Custom Rocket III be Coming? appeared first on Web Bike World.

Source...

could be interesting !

Show me the chrome.

Not a fan of the bike depicted in that picture.
One purpose bike designed to drag race from stop light to stop light.
With the cruiser market shrinking, I doubt it will make it to production. I may be wrong, but who knows?

I've never been a fan of those large heavy cruiser-style bikes anyway so it holds no interest for me.
I'm with Q, I don't think there is a big enough market for it and I would expect the price to be pretty high.
I doubt that it will see the light of day - but I've been wrong before BGRIN.

I think i agree with you Rocky as the original ended production because of lack of sales ( that and euro 3 emissions ) so i cant see it doing any better second time round , though they may do a limited edition run of a few just to see if there is demand for it and i bet it will be made up out of the existing parts bin .

I think i agree with you Rocky as the original ended production because of lack of sales ( that and euro 3 emissions ) so i cant see it doing any better second time round , though they may do a limited edition run of a few just to see if there is demand for it and i bet it will be made up out of the existing parts bin .
That could very well be the case.
There are buyers who go for limited editions.
As was mentioned in another thread, the price of bikes with all the modern technology are rising very quickly.
Some of the big bikes are creeping into car price territory.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom