Dart Marlin Flyscreen

Ormond

Local time
Today, 01:21
My Ride
2016 America
Has anyone here used this shield and if so does it create turbulance for the rider? Thanks.

I have a Givi on my Bonneville, but I have a Marlin on my Honda.
Neither causes any significant turbulence for me, but so much depends on how tall you are, arm length and how you sit on a bike.
Screens are hard to get right because what works for me may not work for others..

Rocky is spot on.

I have a Marlin on my America. I’m 5’5 and It’s very effective. No turbulence.

Thanks NickM. I am 5'10". I ordered one and I'm awaiting it to be shipped from Dart. I will let you know how it works when I get it.

You won’t be disappointed Ormond, you won’t feel that wrench on your wrists when overtaking with the screen on. Also, easy when tightening the screen to the brackets. I heard they can crack the screen. The rubber grommets do a good job of taking the stress so go easy.

Cheers, Nick

Hey Ormaond, ive got a marlin on mine. Its quite effective. Im 5'11'' and get turbulence probably top half of my helmet, but takes all buffeting away from my torso. I like it so far..:)

Attachments

• lola3.jpeg
    lola3.jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 35
Hey Ormaond, ive got a marlin on mine. Its quite effective. Im 5'11'' and get turbulence probably top half of my helmet, but takes all buffeting away from my torso. I like it so far..:)
That's a nice looking bike you have :p

Thanks Tunza and Ferret. I got the Marlin and it does the same for me. About mid helmet but torso is good.

Recently fitted a Marlin to Roy. Turbulence on my chest has been reduced to virtually zero. Still there on the arms and the upper part of the helmet. I’m a 6-footer and tend to slump a bit in my riding posture. Love it!!

I have the Classic on my 2013 Speedmaster. Pretty close to the same as the Marlin. I love the low profile of it and it does help with the buffeting on the body and most of the helmet. When riding I move my hand around and can feel the sweet spot for most of my torso. I've always be a no windshield guy but this is a great compromise.

20200419_171328.jpg

I have the Classic on my 2013 Speedmaster. Pretty close to the same as the Marlin. I love the low profile of it and it does help with the buffeting on the body and most of the helmet. When riding I move my hand around and can feel the sweet spot for most of my torso. I've always be a no windshield guy but this is a great compromise.

View attachment 47218
I’ve got that Dart Classic on my Bobber too. It does about the same for me, but seems to dirExt the air to just about my top half of my face. I use a 3/4 helmet with face shield at all times, so it works for me.

Has anyone here used this shield and if so does it create turbulance for the rider? Thanks.
Hello mate, Just got a 2013 speedmaster and put one of these on,
i'm 5'10 and works perfect for me,plus they look great,ride safe.

I just removed the dart marlin screen, the turbulence around my helmet was significant but what really killed it for me was the noise generated by said turbulence. I have a Shoei NXR helmet and I am 5’10”. Have also tried a larger screen with even worse results. Sticking to no screen for now.

I have the Genuine Triumph tall screen on my Tiger 800 . Don’t think it has any height adjustment , but the tilt angle can be a adjusted with some tools . I have changed the angle just once , shortly after I got it . It’s a beautifully made , multi contoured piece that was less expensive than many of the aftermarkets available. It’s been perfect for almost a decade now and I ride pretty close to the speed limit ,if you get my drift .

The Triumph fly screen on the Thruxton R works as described , it keeps the dead bugs off the clocks . I appreciate that when wearing the wash mitt

I have the Genuine Triumph tall screen on my Tiger 800 . Don’t think it has any height adjustment , but the tilt angle can be a adjusted with some tools . I have changed the angle just once , shortly after I got it . It’s a beautifully made , multi contoured piece that was less expensive than many of the aftermarkets available. It’s been perfect for almost a decade now and I ride pretty close to the speed limit ,if you get my drift .

The Triumph fly screen on the Thruxton R works as described , it keeps the dead bugs off the clocks . I appreciate that when wearing the wash mitt
I, have the Triumph tall screen on my Tiger 800 XC which I have had for almost eleven years. It works fairly well. I do get a little helmet buffering at freeway speeds; but it is nothing I can't live with.

I, have the Triumph tall screen on my Tiger 800 XC which I have had for almost eleven years. It works fairly well. I do get a little helmet buffering at freeway speeds; but it is nothing I can't live with.
You’re taller than me and have better posture...

I just removed the dart marlin screen, the turbulence around my helmet was significant but what really killed it for me was the noise generated by said turbulence. I have a Shoei NXR helmet and I am 5’10”. Have also tried a larger screen with even worse results. Sticking to no screen for now.
I had a Marlin and it was nice, looked great. But the turbulence on the side was too much for me. The wind hit me toward the top of the helmet, and that was okay. Just didn't like the side effects. Switched to a windshield, that I cut down about to 18 inches high, just below my eyes. Very happy with that setup.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom