Do It Yourself End Mirror Friction Rings. Save $50

Luvolbikes

Local time
Yesterday, 19:53
First Name
John Fahlberg
My Ride
2020 Thruxton RS
I'd bought some used thruxton handlebar end mirrors on Ebay for a good price. They did not come with the needed friction rings that adapt the mirror inner dia to the handlebar 7/8 outer dia. I couldn't believe triumph wanted over $20 per side for these little pieces of plastic. Would have cost me about 50 bucks with tax and maybe shipping. I started thinking about what I could use to make my own rings. Then it came to me. Plastic bottle caps. My wife grabbed up as many as we had in the fridge and cupboards. We tried several and then found the perfect fit. A toasted sesame oil cap from Safeway Select brand tucked into a Kikkoman soy sauce cap provided a forced tight fit which had threads in the inner cap, and striations on the outer cap that pressed tightly onto the 7/8 handlebar. When the mirror is bolted on I am unable to spin the mirror on the bar even with maximal force. The caps needed to be forced off the bar to remove them. So anyway, laugh if you like, but I justed saved 50 bucks. See images below. With 5 you get eggroll. Chopsticks not included.

Black sesame oil cap in red soy sauce cap

Attachments

• 20211228_121349.jpg
    20211228_121349.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20211228_121324.jpg
    20211228_121324.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 15
Fantastic! Good for you TUP

Good stuff! Necessity is the mother of invention.
I enjoy a cheap fix too. More satisfying than paying out a bunch of money when you don't need to.

Excellent, i have in the past used pvc pipe in certain cases like that.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom