Dunlop k180 tires street use?

Outrage

Local time
Today, 02:35
First Name
Jesse
My Ride
2016 triumph street twin
Hey guys first time post under the street twin section. I purchased a 2016 street twin a few months ago. Fell in love with the bike but like anything else I own I have to make it my own style. Was wondering about the Dunlop k180 tires. How are they on the road for everyday use? I’m not to over concerned about wear. If I go through a few more tires I’m. It worried to much. Always good to have spares anyway. Lol more worried about grip and handling. Or another tire that would give it a flat track look would be cool to. All suggestions and input welcome. Thanks in advance.

Any tire designed for dirt or a simulation of a dirt tire will be a compromise on pavement. You will be giving up some grip for the "look" of a flat tracker style tire. If you don't plan on going in the dirt, I would stay with a dedicated road tire. Not familiar with the tire you mention, so Google would be you're best source of finding some reviews.

Any tire designed for dirt or a simulation of a dirt tire will be a compromise on pavement. You will be giving up some grip for the "look" of a flat tracker style tire. If you don't plan on going in the dirt, I would stay with a dedicated road tire. Not familiar with the tire you mention, so Google would be you're best source of finding some reviews.
I believe you may have a valid point. After some research I think I may stick with a standard tire. I’m not finding anything currently that offers the look I’m going for and I don’t want to compromise any ride ability.

Avon make a great road tire I found when I had my T'bird. That was the original equipment on it and I stuck with it til I traded for my Explorer. I will NOT be fitting the same tires on this bike when the time comes to change out these loud Metzeler Tourance Nexts.

Last edited:
I outfitted my ‘17 street twin with some Heidenau K60’s. Sized up to a 120 up front, stock size in the rear. Still handles great on pavement and I hear they wear well. Man do they look good. Check out British Customs for some pics of the ST with these tires. They are a little louder now and you can feel them when you’re coming to a stop (10-15mph) but otherwise they’ve been great so far. One down side is I had to convert the front to a tube. Tear is still tubeless. It’s hard to find dual purpose tires for an 18” wheel. Hope this helps.
*added a couple pics from a British Customs ST build with the Heidenau tires.37F46300-7A62-4780-A8FD-32A1705CBC8B.jpeg0B148477-83DD-4199-BF03-6482F6440163.jpeg

I outfitted my ‘17 street twin with some Heidenau K60’s. Sized up to a 120 up front, stock size in the rear. Still handles great on pavement and I hear they wear well. Man do they look good. Check out British Customs for some pics of the ST with these tires. They are a little louder now and you can feel them when you’re coming to a stop (10-15mph) but otherwise they’ve been great so far. One down side is I had to convert the front to a tube. Tear is still tubeless. It’s hard to find dual purpose tires for an 18” wheel. Hope this helps.
*added a couple pics from a British Customs ST build with the Heidenau tires.View attachment 46921View attachment 46922
Bitchin' seat but those cans really makes it.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom