Local time
Today, 19:01
Jan 28, 2006
Halifax
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
You're like me and the Wharf Rat Rally in Digby, a few hours is about all I can handle.
I didn't go last year, but maybe this year.
Between the crowds and the Harley riders making as much noise as they can, it wears in a hurry.
Enjoy and show us a few pictures.

Qship

Enjoy YOUR ride
Riding for 38 Years
Staff
Local time
Feb 25, 2014
Near Fredericton, New Brunswick.
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'14 Thunderbird LT
Turnout for this was small. Not very much going on at all.
A fair amount of Vendors peddling their clothing and odds and ends WRT bikes.
Ribfest(a travelling rib cook out) was there as well, so that contributed to the large local crowds at times.
Weather was good, so don't think that was cause for small turn out. Just lack of interest me thinks.
There was live entertainment throughout the day, and evening, and local bike runs to scenic areas(I have seen them already, so did not go on any of the rides).
I did however try a Harley Davidson, Road King as part of their Demo Days event. Wanted to see what all the interest some people have in these bikes. Very torquey engine. Harsh ride, and very hard to modulate throttle to be smooth at lower speeds. Could not wait to get back on the T'bird.
There was little to take pics of except tons of generic bikes, so sorry, no pics.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 26 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Jan 28, 2006
Halifax
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Oh well, it is what it is/was.
The same thing about the rally in Rhinebeck, NY, we went to last week.
Much smaller than usual and far too much Harley stuff. Not much variety and we probably won't go back.

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 39 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 17:01
Mar 24, 2009
The SWAMP
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
2005 Triumph Tiger, British Racing Green--the fastest color
I have not been to a bike Rally in 6 years --- -- most here in FLO-RI-DUH are fool of Hardley Make it Homes-----under dressed overweights riding in flip flops and NO HELMETS--and LOUD noises of all sorts I could care less about---factor in the "weekend warriors in all matching clean leathers" --all ready BAD drivers and alcohol ----and I AVOID them like the plague --

brooke

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
Mar 11, 2017
Charlottetown
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Think its about time we organized a Triumph camp out or motel out for us and our buds who ride what Evers? And trumpets . Indians definitely welcomed... Triumph Bennington Bash would be a good model to start with . We would need a lot of them to cover the planet but it’s time has come , right Dave ! Any word on the Gentleman’s ride for Halifax this year ? Hope to get to that one with the R and a VFR friend ! 30/ 86 degrees today so a few hours staying close to the coastline, closer to town and slower traffic you really feel the heat of the 1200 . Feels as bad as the low 90s in South Carolina, and not super humid?? A couple more days like this and the ice will be gone and we will all go for a dip. Brooke

Qship

Enjoy YOUR ride
Riding for 38 Years
Staff
Local time
Feb 25, 2014
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'14 Thunderbird LT
There was a guy at Motoplex that organized a Distinguished Gentleman's ride in Moncton last year.
Was one of the parts counter guys.

Qship

Enjoy YOUR ride
Riding for 38 Years
Staff
Local time
Feb 25, 2014
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'14 Thunderbird LT
I have not been to a bike Rally in 6 years --- -- most here in FLO-RI-DUH are fool of Hardley Make it Homes-----under dressed overweights riding in flip flops and NO HELMETS--and LOUD noises of all sorts I could care less about---factor in the "weekend warriors in all matching clean leathers" --all ready BAD drivers and alcohol ----and I AVOID them like the plague --
Sounds just like this one was. Won't be attending again.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 26 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Jan 28, 2006
Halifax
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Think its about time we organized a Triumph camp out or motel out for us and our buds who ride what Evers? And trumpets . Indians definitely welcomed... Triumph Bennington Bash would be a good model to start with . We would need a lot of them to cover the planet but it’s time has come , right Dave ! Any word on the Gentleman’s ride for Halifax this year ? Hope to get to that one with the R and a VFR friend ! 30/ 86 degrees today so a few hours staying close to the coastline, closer to town and slower traffic you really feel the heat of the 1200 . Feels as bad as the low 90s in South Carolina, and not super humid?? A couple more days like this and the ice will be gone and we will all go for a dip. Brooke
The DGR is scheduled for September in Halifax. The planning has been done and I'll have more details as the date comes closer so stay tuned.
I'll probably forget so bring this up again in August.

Update:
The DGR will be held on 30 September.
Details will be posted on the DGR web site after 1 August.

Last edited: