Electrical problem with 2010 Tbird 1600

Rpntbird

Local time
Today, 04:38
First Name
Robert
My Ride
2010 Thunderbird
I recently brought my bike to a paint shop to get a new paint job. They were recommended to me by the local Triumph dealer.
When the job was finished and the bike reassembled it would not start.The dealer picked it up from the paint shop and took it to his techs and mechanics.They did a diagnostic, and spoke to Triumph HQ
They switched out the ECU and replaced it with a new one but it did not solve the problem. They tried another new ECU . Still no success.Now they are saying it could be the wiring harness or instrument panel or both.
They have had the bike in their shop for almost three weeks and can't seem to pinpoint the problem.I guess they expect me to just keep paying them until they stumble upon the solution.The bike has 37,000 miles on it and has no history of electrical problems or any other kind of problem.I am the original owner.
Has anyone encountered this type of situation before? I cannot believe that Triumph, with all their technology, cannot figure this out .This is not the Space Shuttle.It's a motorcycle!

I am sorry to hear of your trouble. I hope you can get it sorted out soon.

Truly cannot believe they have had it that long and no solutions.
Must be from when they removed stuff to paint and not installed wiring or a switch right somehow.
Clutch safety switch, kill switch, side stand safety switch all been checked?

Probably something simple that was done in the paint shop like Qship said.

Check your connection at the instrument cluster. I had a problem with mine about a year ago, no start, no fuel pump, no neutral light. I went through the connectors ( rectifier, ECU, fuses, and instrument cluster ) I found that the pins had a slight corrosion that I cleaned and never had a problem since.

Well look who signed up.....hey there Kevin !

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom