end of season

Had a wonderful putt around the hills surrounding my old hometown. About 2.5 hours and hopefully is will help to stave off the crushing depression of shutting her up for 5 months.

Glad I went on that ride yesterday. Because, now I've got rain, for the next two weeks straight. I can't really complain about the rain though. When we need it here in California really badly. Besides that, I'll wait for just a cloudy day, then put her in rain mode and go for a shortie ride or until I fill a couple of drops, hit my helmet. Then home and into the garage I will go. Then a nice good bath a little later on, then I can really detail her out real nicely, for when I can take her out again. After the storms let up.

Glad I went on that ride yesterday. Because, now I've got rain, for the next two weeks straight. I can't really complain about the rain though. When we need it here in California really badly. Besides that, I'll wait for just a cloudy day, then put her in rain mode and go for a shortie ride or until I fill a couple of drops, hit my helmet. Then home and into the garage I will go. Then a nice good bath a little later on, then I can really detail her out real nicely, for when I can take her out again. After the storms let up.
Judging by the terrible wild fires we see on TV, California can use all the rain it can get, but California is a big state and rain where you are may not help the fire situation.

Judging by the terrible wild fires we see on TV, California can use all the rain it can get, but California is a big state and rain where you are may not help the fire situation.
Actually a pretty big fire was going on the last day or 2 in santa barbara and they are now getting downpours so it's going to help out a lot there. Probably out already i imagine.

I am glad CA is getting that rain. Wild fires are terrible.

I am glad CA is getting that rain. Wild fires are terrible.
I couldn't agree more.
When I see those fires in California and Australia, and people losing everything they own, it breaks my heart.
Glad to hear that some rain has come.

Speaking of wild fires, I rode my CRF to Telegraph Creek in northern BC last summer. It was a 3,941 km trip over a week and as I got near to Telegraph Creek I found out there were two out of control fires nearby. I was aiming to stay overnight in Glenora, which is west of Telegraph Creek but the cops had closed the road and I was turned back. You can read all the details here ...

... but the short version is that 20 houses and over 30 properties burned down and the area was evacuated soon after I left. Out of interest I kept an eye on developments and it was Christmas before most folk got back into the area after rebuilding and clearing the after effects of the fire. That fire burned underground through the entire winter and sparked six new wild fires in the spring that were kept under control but still burning as late as June 2019. Last I heard the fires, which cannot be accessed by road, were being monitored with remote cameras in case they flare up again.

Now I own a Triumph, I should go back and take some Scrambler 1200 photo's there.

DSCN4877s.jpg

DSCN4902s.jpg

Wow, now THATS a bike trip ! Amazing pics. I wish i could have done something like that in my lifetime, but i never had the time/$. I love little rural towns like that and BC is obviously a beautiful place to ride thru.

Wow, now THATS a bike trip ! Amazing pics. I wish i could have done something like that in my lifetime, but i never had the time/$. I love little rural towns like that and BC is obviously a beautiful place to ride thru.

Thanks for the kind words.

I've blogged about a few of my trips here ...

... and have to write up the latest expedition, which was Canada coast to coast and back. From home in Alberta to the Pacific coast in BC then east to Nova Scotia and Cape Breton to touch the Atlantic and back home with a detour to Prince Edward Island. 5 weeks in all - two up on my Super Tenere which I have now traded in on the Scrambler 1200.

RockyDS, that was a very nice trip you took! Really good pictures pictures and i really enjoyed reading your day to day report, wish i could have been with you!

It looks like I've got about two weeks of rain, so I should have a very clean motorcycle when it stops and callous on my finger-tips, from playing my bass guitar. Since I can't ride due to the rain, which we need really badly here in California. Due to the wildfires and it's just so dry. It's almost like a tender box. So let it rain as much as it wants. It's just going to make the spring, along with the summer really nice, green and safer from wildfires. So, like Blindfath sang : Let It Rain, Let it Rain, Rain, Rain.

Glad to hear that you're getting some much needed rain TUP TUP
We've been getting quite a bit of rain here which is normal for us. In fact, yesterday, the rain turned to snow and caused a lot of rush hour traffic problems.
At least your rain won't turn to snow - I hope BGRIN

Last year the paradise fire up in north Ca burned 15,000 homes. Thats not a typo....fifteen thousand ! It basically wiped out the whole town. Thanks to the last few years of extreme fires, the ins. companies have started to refuse to insure houses in risky areas and people are trying to sell houses in areas like that and can't give em away. Those who CAN get ins. in areas like that have seen ins. costs double or triple i believe i heard.

Last year the paradise fire up in north Ca burned 15,000 homes. Thats not a typo....fifteen thousand ! It basically wiped out the whole town. Thanks to the last few years of extreme fires, the ins. companies have started to refuse to insure houses in risky areas and people are trying to sell houses in areas like that and can't give em away. Those who CAN get ins. in areas like that have seen ins. costs double or triple i believe i heard.
Very true indeed.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom