Engine Guard For 2016 America

army_eod

Local time
Today, 01:06
My Ride
Triumph America and Ducati MTS
I see a guard that is a Triumph part.

Need to put a guard on the better half's new America. She is just finishing the HD riding course. Not a good course in my opinion.
She has never ridden, but bought a new America. It fits her well, but now we think a guard is a good idea.
Will take her to an empty parking lot next with the America.
HD uses the 500 Street for training. The America fits her much better.
Don't want to scratch up the America yet.

Any ideas for the guard.

I see a guard that is a Triumph part.

Need to put a guard on the better half's new America. She is just finishing the HD riding course. Not a good course in my opinion.
She has never ridden, but bought a new America. It fits her well, but now we think a guard is a good idea.
Will take her to an empty parking lot next with the America.
HD uses the 500 Street for training. The America fits her much better.
Don't want to scratch up the America yet.

Any ideas for the guard.

Here's a couple options:
America "dresser" bar

Hepco America engine guard

Spaan America engine guard

Thanks for the options on the engine guards. I suppose I will just order it.

Having engine guard installed along with a tall backrest and auxiliary light kit. Picking it up this week. Pics will ensue.

Looking forward to seeing the pics

Here are pix of the America with crash bar, light kit and back rest. Next is the air injection removal kit.

Attachments

• 20170425_152237.jpg
    20170425_152237.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20170425_153200.jpg
    20170425_153200.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 47
It all looks very neat how does she like it then?

Very substantial looking bars TUP

Here are pix of the America with crash bar, light kit and back rest. Next is the air injection removal kit.
Can you tell me which screen you have on your bike. Haven’t seen that one before, love that it leaves a gap between the top of the headlight and the bottom of the screen. How do you find it at highway speeds? I have removed the screen from mine as it causes way too much turbulence around my helmet. How tall are you? I’m 5’10.
like the backrest too.

army_eod hasn't been on here since Dec 2017, so don't expect a speedy response.
If you put your cursor over their avatar, you can tell when the last time a member has been on the forum

army_eod hasn't been on here since Dec 2017, so don't expect a speedy response.
If you put your cursor over their avatar, you can tell when the last time a member has been on the forum
Thanks Qship, I did notice it was a while since he logged in but thought it was worth a try. No rush happy to ride without at the moment.

Can you tell me which screen you have on your bike. Haven’t seen that one before, love that it leaves a gap between the top of the headlight and the bottom of the screen. How do you find it at highway speeds? I have removed the screen from mine as it causes way too much turbulence around my helmet. How tall are you? I’m 5’10.
like the backrest too.

The windshield on army_eod's bike is a WindVest. I had a 14 inch model on my America for several years before switching to a factory Roadster screen (with a replacement Clearview shield).

They are nicely made with cast metal brackets and polycarbonate shields, but they are not inexpensive (over $350 US for the version that fits a Bonneville America model, 10-1067).

The windshield on army_eod's bike is a WindVest. I had a 14 inch model on my America for several years before switching to a factory Roadster screen (with a replacement Clearview shield).

They are nicely made with cast metal brackets and polycarbonate shields, but they are not inexpensive (over $350 US for the version that fits a Bonneville America model, 10-1067).
Thanks very much for the info Mark, will look in to this.

Thanks very much for the info Mark, will look in to this.

You're quite welcome :)

One more tip is that WindVest sells their products directly to customers through their website, but the prices are substantially cheaper when purchasing through one of their distributors. Here in the US at least, several of the big online motorcycle stores carry WindVest windshields (I believe they are popular with Harley Davidson riders).

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom