Engine oil

1050 Rob

Local time
Today, 07:27
Has anyone used 15w 50 in their Speed Triple instead of the normal 10w 40?

Have heard that engine noise is reduced and gear changes are smoother - any comments?

Thanks, Rob.

I have not used it in my 800 XC; but I know that it is listed as an option in the manual. That is what I use year round in my T100; but the T100 is air cooled. I may try it this summer in my XC when I am riding in the city and off road in the heat. Are you using fully synthetic 10W-40? If not, switching to fully synthetic, may quiet things down and make the tranny smoother.

I agree with the synthetic comment. I sue Rotella in EVERYTHING I own, my 99 Subaru was just complimented the other day when I pulled up to a station the guy couldn't believe how smooth and quite it was for a car with 160,000 miles and my '05 Tiger 955i LOVES it. (and its rather inexpensive as synthetics go):y2:
images.jpeg

I use it too.

Posting with Tapatalk while riding my Tiger 955i at 15 over the speed limit.

Well I do ride a cat. :y2: A big cat.

Me too, good oil.

In my s3 and the t800.

Posted via ripped tapatalk.

I'm using Castrol Power 1 fully synthetic - thanks for your input.

Good oil but I can only find it at a couple locations so I've never used it. Use to use Castrol in all my vehicles.

depending on your weather the heavier 15-50 could be better, 10-40 better in cooler weather. real group IV or V synthetic motorcycle oils are best. in the usa group III which are highly refined dino oils are by new law allowed to be called full synthetic which there are very few real synthetic oils. the fake group III oils are good but not as good as the real group IV + V oils

depending on your weather the heavier 15-50 could be better, 10-40 better in cooler weather. real group IV or V synthetic motorcycle oils are best. in the usa group III which are highly refined dino oils are by new law allowed to be called full synthetic which there are very few real synthetic oils. the fake group III oils are good but not as good as the real group IV + V oils

Good post. I agree 100%.

Has anyone used 15w 50 in their Speed Triple instead of the normal 10w 40?

Have heard that engine noise is reduced and gear changes are smoother - any comments?

Thanks, Rob.

Shortly after this post I decided to bite the bullet and change my oil for Mobil 1 Racing 4T (fully synthetic) 15w 50. It's difficult to say whether engine noise has been reduced - I'm one of those who hears every single rattle and clatter - but the gear box is definately much smoother now. No more clunky changes, even when engaging first gear - didn't think changing the grade of oil would make such a difference.
Rob.

Thanks for the feed back.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom