Engine Stops During Throttle Opening

Sarge901

Local time
Today, 14:36
First Name
Mike
My Ride
2012 Triumph America Speedmaster
Hello all, my 2012 Speedmaster sometimes shuts off if I'm at idle and starting to get moving. It doesn't happen every time, just enough to be irritating. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks!

Search for Air injection System and O2 sensor removal. This can be a common issue, some don’t seem to have an problem with it. I had this issue on my 2015 America. Solved by removing the above. Plenty of info and opinions on this forum.

Stopping during throttle opening is more likely the O2 sensor.

Search for Air injection System and O2 sensor removal. This can be a common issue, some don’t seem to have an problem with it. I had this issue on my 2015 America. Solved by removing the above. Plenty of info and opinions on this forum.
I just checked- they were evidently removed by the original owner.

I just checked- they were evidently removed by the original owner.
Did you try turning up the Idle screw a little bit higher idle mine did it a few times... I have everything stock nothing removed on my 2014 LT.

also check if there is any loose connection with the side stand kill switch i hit the bike ridding up the ramp while loading on trailer a dam that took me some time to figure it out.

Did you try turning up the Idle screw a little bit higher idle mine did it a few times... I have everything stock nothing removed on my 2014 LT.

also check if there is any loose connection with the side stand kill switch i hit the bike ridding up the ramp while loading on trailer a dam that took me some time to figure it out.
Yes, I turned the idle to about one thousand rpms- problem solved. I just like the way that it sounds at low rpms. I have the cocktail shaker exhaust and with the 270 firing order, it sounds really good. Had a State Trooper on a Moto Guzzy stop me so that he could look at my bike. He has a personal HD but wants something that doesn't live at the mechanic.

Although mine is carburetted, it is internally pretty much the same engine. I find it is happier idling just a bit faster than the factory recommends. Not only does it transition off idle a little smoother, it also keeps it's oil pressure up better (I have a gauge on mine). I set my idle, fully warmed up at 1100 rpm. ...J.D.

My America EFI occasionally shuts down at wiggle speed with the engine near idle. A quick restart keeps me upright. A slight increase on idle rev does help. Jet cleaner in the fuel may help as well.
Clutch control at idle could be the culprit.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom