Fairing To Engine Cowl On 1996 Trophy 900

Tezzaman240

Local time
Today, 06:27
First Name
Terry
My Ride
Trophy 900 Triple
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has removed the engine cowl both sides and left them off to aid future access. The cowl is the piece bolted to the upper fairing and just encloses the side of the engine (in like a self circle.) I can’t see it having a detrimental effect on the cooling - but I realise Triumph put it there for a reason? I am also thinking of removing the ’belly pan’ as well - anyone done this?
Thanks in advance

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has removed the engine cowl both sides and left them off to aid future access. The cowl is the piece bolted to the upper fairing and just encloses the side of the engine (in like a self circle.) I can’t see it having a detrimental effect on the cooling - but I realise Triumph put it there for a reason? I am also thinking of removing the ’belly pan’ as well - anyone done this?
Thanks in advance
I haven’t done what you are suggesting, but I wonder if those pieces are there to protect you from excess heat. I know my bike can throw a lot of heat around my knees/thighs. On one particularly long summer ride (14 hours in the saddle), I ended up with a heat blister on the inside of my left thigh.

I haven’t done what you are suggesting, but I wonder if those pieces are there to protect you from excess heat. I know my bike can throw a lot of heat around my knees/thighs. On one particularly long summer ride (14 hours in the saddle), I ended up with a heat blister on the inside of my left thigh.
Good point thank you

I've run without the belly pan. I took it off to do some practice paining about 5 years ago and didn't put it back on until last fall.

I thought that removing the pan might let a little more air get to it and it might run a bit cooler. I don't have a temperature gauge though, so I can't be sure. My fan isn't even connected in the normal way - I have it wired directly to a rocker switch that I installed on the fairing.

I've run without the belly pan. I took it off to do some practice paining about 5 years ago and didn't put it back on until last fall.

I thought that removing the pan might let a little more air get to it and it might run a bit cooler. I don't have a temperature gauge though, so I can't be sure. My fan isn't even connected in the normal way - I have it wired directly to a rocker switch that I installed on the fairing.
Thank you for that

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom