Texas Tiger
Riding for 50 Years
Local time
Today, 11:09
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
Well yesterday was Jessica's 6th birthday and she got to spend it on the road, well for a short ride on the road.

It's hard to believe it has been almost three years since I was in so much pain I had to put her up and get my knee fixed. Then all the extra shifts we were having to work followed by getting slammed by that mystery infection shortly after getting the knee rehabbed. Once I was finally back at work the heat had set in and my body was still trying to fully recover but not up to working in the garage. Everything was looking up and then we got slammed again with extra shifts over the next year due to one of the shift supervisors getting promoted, another getting fired and a third retiring. Even after hiring replacements the newly hired (promoted) couldn't work on their own and if they didn't have a fully qualified crew, those of us left had to work with them.

So fast forward three years and ortunately I've found the time to start getting my life back to being MY life. So with all that said, Jessica and I went out to celebrate her 6th birthday. It wasn't much of a ride since it's been a good long time since the last and I was looking for maintenance items I might have forgotten or simply overlooked. . . None were found and I'm looking forward to more seat time in between pen shop time.

Rode around the lake and only stopped for a couple photos. It seemed odd that I didn't take my GoPro, maybe next time.
IMG_20200510_130713.jpg

IMG_20200510_130700.jpg
It was a beautiful day for my first ride back.

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 46 Years
Administrator
Local time
Today, 18:09
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Well it sure is great seeing you getting your life back and being able to ride again.

Qship

Riding for 39 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 13:09
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Wow! 3 Years. Long time.
Glad you are finally able to get back in the saddle.
Ride safe. Get those skills back up to snuff.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 13:09
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
You certainly have had a few bad years and suffered a lot.
As Q said, now that your life is your own again, get back in the saddle, have some fun and sharpen the skills.

Lovely spot in the photos TUP

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 50 Years
Local time
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
Ride safe. Get those skills back up to snuff.
Working on it BGRIN Told my normal ride partner that I'm making some short rides to get the seat set to my butt again and checking to make sure my repairs knee gets a slow work up toward our normal rides. BBEER

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 12:09
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Congratulations. So glad it is coming together for you. I'll bet it felt good to be on the wind again. TUP

Greyfell

Proud Nerd
Riding for 3 Years
Local time
Today, 09:09
First Name
Stephen
My Ride
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 Ann-Margret
Nice area. I didn't realize Lake Conroe was so big, partly because my family never went there when I visited them in Spring/Tomball. BTW, the family is not from there, just where some of them ended up; still have aunts, SIL, nephews and cousins in that area.

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 50 Years
Local time
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
Nice area. I didn't realize Lake Conroe was so big, partly because my family never went there when I visited them in Spring/Tomball. BTW, the family is not from there, just where some of them ended up; still have aunts, SIL, nephews and cousins in that area.
Conroe is right at 21,000 acres and just a couple miles down the road from me. At work we had a pump station just in front of the bike that we could use to maintain the level in our cooling reservoir during the hotter summer months.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom