Fitting Translogic Quickshifter to Thruxton R - positive coil Terminal?

BMac60

Local time
Today, 16:12
First Name
Brian
My Ride
Thruxton 1200 R
BMac60
I am in the process of fitting a Translogic Quickshifter to my Thruxton R. The kit does not plug in to the factory quickshifter harness plug under the left side cover. (?)
Instead I have a harness with connections that intercept the positive wires into the coils (located on the frame under the fuel tank).
But what I need to know is which of the blade terminals on the coils is positive. The ( open - backed )left side connection fig1. or the right side (closed backed) connection fig1. ?
can anyone help?

i know that a multimeter will show which wire has a + 12 v current if I switch the key on, but I would imagine that with the tank off, I would need to pull the fuel pump relay or fuse so as not to have a triumph BBQ.
I am also thinking I might get a fault light / code issue.
i will attach the diagram of the coil and terminals from the service manual ( RHS) and a pic of my Coil (LHS)

Attachments

• 7E903C11-4C74-4B70-B79B-5508C67613BA.jpeg
    7E903C11-4C74-4B70-B79B-5508C67613BA.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 7B587061-16FA-439F-8D7A-60258695718C.jpeg
    7B587061-16FA-439F-8D7A-60258695718C.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 3
All sorted now. BTW the terminal on the left was the positive. (Checked with multimeter) Wuickshifter fitted, adjusted and working smoothly.

Very good. TUP Thanks for reporting back.

All sorted now. BTW the terminal on the left was the positive. (Checked with multimeter) Wuickshifter fitted, adjusted and working smoothly.

Out of curiosity, were the instructions just trying to provide a +12V keyed-on access? I bought some heated grips that are looking for that and am trying to locate a terminal of wire. Thanks for any feedback!

Out of curiosity, were the instructions just trying to provide a +12V keyed-on access? I bought some heated grips that are looking for that and am trying to locate a terminal of wire. Thanks for any feedback!
Wolfyvt,
I needed to connect a circuit to the coils to interrupt the firing pulses during gear shifts. Not really what you need. A bit of poking around with a good test light should find you what you’re after, I would think.
Regards,
BMac60

Wolfyvt,
I needed to connect a circuit to the coils to interrupt the firing pulses during gear shifts. Not really what you need. A bit of poking around with a good test light should find you what you’re after, I would think.
Regards,
BMac60

That makes complete sense. Thanks for the quick reply!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom