johnmason

Riding for 22 Years
Local time
Today, 13:33
First Name
Johbn
My Ride
2004 Harley Fatboy
2004 Harley Sportster (wife's current bike)
1997 Triumph Legend
1971 Triumph Bonneville (project)
I picked up a 1997 Legend 900 for dirt cheap. It was another rider's project bike and he lost his space. He gave me a box of papers along with it, including, he said, the original ownership. The issue I have is that it is the original ownership, not the current one. I can't get ahold of him, and the ministry is giving me the run around about it. I'm honestly considering buying a new frame and swapping the few parts that are still bolted to the original one over. The issue there is, I can't find any sort of guide as to what frames are interchangeable. Does anybody have any idea what frames I could use with little to no modification to it? I don't really care if it's the proper year or even model as this if going to be used as a camp bike. Thanks a ton!

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 43 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 18:33
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
Hi there most frames from any model around that year should fit the bill there may be some odd brackets here and there slightly different , but the main spin from head stock down to swing arm should be the same as they all used the identical same one .

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom