Front Fender Extender Street Twin

raccoonspeed

Local time
Yesterday, 23:09
First Name
john
My Ride
street twin 2018
I am planning on going on rides with my son this summer and will traveling on unpaved graded logging roads in northern Maine. He'll be on the vstrom 650 and I on the Triumph. I realize the Twin should be on the street, but I am from the days of Steve McQueen, when normal bikes did miraculous things. I am interested in reducing rocks getting thrown up in the radiator.
A Skid Plate is in place on the Street Twin, and saw a "fender extender" available for a Bonneville from R&G racing. The Street Twin has a shorter fender than a Bonneville I think, and therefore wanted to see if anyone has used a fender extender for the street twin front fender.

All I can suggest is to you is to call the Triumph dealer and see if they make one for the ST. Maybe the Bonneville one will fit.
See if you can get a rad guard as well. Must make one for the Street Scrambler that should fit. Same bike, same rad I would think.

I am planning on going on rides with my son this summer and will traveling on unpaved graded logging roads in northern Maine. He'll be on the vstrom 650 and I on the Triumph. I realize the Twin should be on the street, but I am from the days of Steve McQueen, when normal bikes did miraculous things. I am interested in reducing rocks getting thrown up in the radiator.
A Skid Plate is in place on the Street Twin, and saw a "fender extender" available for a Bonneville from R&G racing. The Street Twin has a shorter fender than a Bonneville I think, and therefore wanted to see if anyone has used a fender extender for the street twin front fender.
When I bought my Street Twin new in 2018, Triumph listed a Fender Extender as an official optional accessory. I have one on my bike and it appears to cut down on the muck thrown on to the front of the engine.

This is probably no help at all, but I fitted "fender extenders" to both of my Hondas.
They are helpful in keeping road debris off the engine/rad/oil cooler.
The Bonneville has a full length fender and didn't need one.

IMG_0559 (2017_03_14 14_37_51 UTC).JPG

When I bought my Street Twin new in 2018, Triumph listed a Fender Extender as an official optional accessory. I have one on my bike and it appears to cut down on the muck thrown on to the front of the engine.
thanks, good to know

There's a company here in the UK called Pyramid Plastics (they ship world wide). I just fitted their extender to my America. Fits perfect with hidden stick pads and for off road probably worth three neat galvanised screws to fully secure against off road vibes. Google them - their site offers discussion emails and they're damn quick at replying

There's a company here in the UK called Pyramid Plastics (they ship world wide). I just fitted their extender to my America. Fits perfect with hidden stick pads and for off road probably worth three neat galvanised screws to fully secure against off road vibes. Google them - their site offers discussion emails and they're damn quick at replying
thank you

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom