Front Screen

blacklav

Local time
Today, 06:51
First Name
C
My Ride
Street twin
Anyone have a front screen on a street twin 900.
I'm after one and want some advice, cost, effectiveness etc.
Thanks.

Thanks.
Always been a fan of small screens, I have a Triumph one on my 2019 Street Twin and it does a good job. At 5 feet nine it takes a lot of the wind off my chest and whilst it's still windy I don't get any buffeting of the helmet. 80 plus MPH is a slightly different story but it's what you would expect on a naked bike.

I have the DART fly screen on my Triumph Street Scrambler, DART Flyscreens Ltd. 21 Angerstein Business Estate, 12 Horn Lane, London, SE10 ORT E-mail: sales@dartflyscreens.com. It covers the ugly space between instrument cluster and headlamp.

Thanks.
I have a used flyscreen, it came off my 900 Binnie. Good but used. happy to let it go for £20 plus postage. R

Thanks.
I've just fitted a Puig Vision to mine - looks good but haven't had the chance to get out for a decent ride to test it yet. Puig Vision

I've just fitted a Puig Vision to mine - looks good but haven't had the chance to get out for a decent ride to test it yet. Puig Vision
Looks good. Can't find an agent or price on their site. Any info appreciated.

I have a used flyscreen, it came off my 900 Binnie. Good but used. happy to let it go for £20 plus postage. R
Thanks Russell, will it fit my street twin? Any pics?

I had the Dart classics dark smoke on my T100. Loved the look and it took wind off my chest. 5’ 11” and no buffeting.
I bought a used speed twin that has the Marlin dart screen. Dark smoke. Didn’t think I would like the bigger screen. After riding with it on it is even better than the classic for protection and I don’t really see it taking away from the looks.

Looking back, I bought my DART Piranha (dark tint) from British Customs $119 USD. They usually have Xmas sales. There were zero shipping charges within US but it is a very compact package and doubt if shipping to UK would be too much. I see also Blacklav has a used flyscreen for L20 plus postage.

Looking back, I bought my DART Piranha (dark tint) from British Customs $119 USD. They usually have Xmas sales. There were zero shipping charges within US but it is a very compact package and doubt if shipping to UK would be too much. I see also Blacklav has a used flyscreen for L20 plus postage.

FWIW Dart screens mount more or less on the outside of your headlight brackets. I went with Rizoma. Those mount on the inside and they look MUCH cleaner. The downside is Rizoma is significantly higher cost. If looks aren’t an issue, functionally they’re the same but IMO the Rizoma screen is really impressive on a esthetic level vs Dart. .

FWIW Dart screens mount more or less on the outside of your headlight brackets. I went with Rizoma. Those mount on the inside and they look MUCH cleaner. The downside is Rizoma is significantly higher cost. If looks aren’t an issue, functionally they’re the same but IMO the Rizoma screen is really impressive on a esthetic level vs Dart. .
Thanks but I've just ordered one from Puig vision a German site. Very cheap. A bit worrying but I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks but I've just ordered one from Puig vision a German site. Very cheap. A bit worrying but I'll find out soon enough.

Coincidentally I’ve been thinking about picking up Puig screen for the Speedmaster.

Coincidentally I’ve been thinking about picking up Puig screen for the Speedmaster.
I'll let you know what it's like, if I get it. Doesn't seem wright at £35.

Yeah, seems awfully cheap for a German product. I’m thinking it’s a German company that manufactures in China or Taiwan, as is unfortunately the case of so many western companies these days. A lot of them use verbal gymnastics to make it seem like they’re a homegrown and run operation.

I’m reminded of how disappointed I was to see “Made in China” on my Bell Bullitt when it arrived on my doorstep.

AFAIK there aren’t many screen options for Speedmasters so Puig may be it.

Last edited:
Give me a shout when you are going to fit it and I'll give you some pointers.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom