Fuel Tank Removal

erock61

Local time
Today, 14:01
First Name
Eric
My Ride
2016 Thruxton R
So I'm ready to put on the new tank strap on my R...any tips / instructions for the fuel tank removal....?
And how does the front tank strap bracket connect to the tank..?

Thanks!

Please let us know how this goes once you have done it as I have no idea myself.

So I've been told on the FB page the following.....But have yet t try it...but will tonight...

Very simple. Remove seat. Remove one bolt used to secure tank to frame. This bolt is at the back of the tank. Standing on either side of the bike grab the sides of the tank with both hands and gently wiggle side to side while pulling it back toward the back of the bike. Tank will slide off the round rubber mounts located at the front. You do not need to remove nor disconnect any lines or components underneath. There is enough slack to give you plenty of room to work. Simply pull the tank back and rest it on the frame. Both the decat and fairing installation directions called for complete tank removal. Both times I pulled the tank and left it on saving myself a ton of time and effort. More importantly no gas is spilled on the motor and garage floor.

This write-up is correct. Just make sure your tank is firmly supported while it 's loose. The tank strap is held on with 2 nuts under the front of the tank.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom