Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
Today, 14:30
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I'm going to go on a nice ride tomorrow, from around 10:00 AM, until around 7:30. I live near Yosemite Park, I don't really like riding through the park all that much. Because, of all of the traffic in the park. But, riding on HWY 132 is an awesome ride and then I'll come back down either by HWY 120 or HWY 4. Depends on how long I want to take, I guess. I really want to make it a good ride. Because next week, I'm having surgery on my shoulder and I'll be down for about for about six months. Except, for playing my bass guitar. But, I can always set down and play my bass though. The two most important ladies in my life these days, are my 2018 Black Triumph Bobber and my 1962 Sunburst Fender Jazz Bass. I can't go wrong with either one.
Snakesfield

Greyfell

Proud Nerd
Riding for 3 Years
Local time
First Name
Stephen
My Ride
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 Ann-Margret
How much of Hwy 49 have you ridden?

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 18:30
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Sounds great. Have fun TUP TUP

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Enjoy that ride. Take some pics and share if you get the chance.
Our riding days are limited here, I'm afraid. We'll have to get our biking"fix" through those that can ride longer or year around.

triumph david

Riding for 60 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 16:30
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
Sound's like a very good ride, you gotta send us some pict's , good choice in the ladies too!

Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
How much of Hwy 49 have you ridden?
Actually, not from SR 70 all the way down to SR 41. But, I've ridden on parts of HWY 49 going to other places though. Usually I take HWY 120 or HWY 135 to get up to, or near the park. But today, I'm just riding by myself. So, I'll probably just stay on HWY 120, until I get to Mono lake and then turn around and come back home, to the Central Valley. If anybody lives in the Modesto, or the Turlock area. I would enjoy riding with some other Triumph riders. I've been riding with my good friend that I've known for many years and he rides a Honda GoldWing. I'm not a motorcycle snob either. I'll ride with anybody, as long as they're good folks. Also, I don't do drugs and I can't drink beer anymore because of my liver. But, I do love me some good fresh spring water. I finally found my Cannon digital camera. I just need to buy a new cord, so that I can transfer some of my photos from my camera, to my computer. Then, I'll post some some pictures of my baby, along with some nice senes, that I think everyone will enjoy.
Everybody have a great day.
Snakesfield

Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
Can you transfer via the SD card?
That's usually how I do it.
I'm sorry that it took me some time to get back to you. I don't mean to sound dumb, but what is a SD card? Is it that card that the Rangers charge you 30.00 for? Unless your a senior and then it's only 20.00 for the year. If so, I've got one of those cards. But It depends on who the ranger is, that's in the check in gate. Because, some of the rangers at the gate of the park, ask to see your drivers license, along with that card. Just to make sure that I'm, who I say that I am. I guess people would buy the card and loan it to their friends, that were going to Yosemite. Some of the rangers don't care, but some do. If that's the card that you're talking about? Otherwise, I don't have a clue what an SD card is.

Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I love the ride to and from Yosemite, but this time was kind of a bummer. The falls were all dried up and those Pine Bores have done a job on a lot of those beautiful Ca. pine trees. It made me really sad to see Yosemite in that kind of condition. I'll send some pictures, and everybody can see the damage that those pine bores and what the drought has done to such a beautiful park. I forgot to add that in my last post.
Snakesfield

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
I've never been to Yosemite, but have seen TV documentaries and travelogues about the park so am reasonably familiar with it.
Shame about its present condition though.

The SD card Qship was referring to is the SD card/memory card in a digital camera that holds all your pictures.
Since you didn't have the transfer cord he was wondering if you could insert the SD card somehow and transfer directly from that.
Notice that we're both in Canada so wouldn't have been referring to the rangers at Yosemite.

I'm sure you knew what an SD card is and just didn't realize it BGRIN
Looking forward to the pictures TUP TUP

Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I've never been to Yosemite, but have seen TV documentaries and travelogues about the park so am reasonably familiar with it.
Shame about its present condition though.

The SD card Qship was referring to is the SD card/memory card in a digital camera that holds all your pictures.
Since you didn't have the transfer cord he was wondering if you could insert the SD card somehow and transfer directly from that.
Notice that we're both in Canada so wouldn't have been referring to the rangers at Yosemite.

I'm sure you knew what an SD card is and just didn't realize it BGRIN
Looking forward to the pictures TUPTUP
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I'm completely illiterate, when it comes to high tech gadgets, these days, like my Cannon digital camera. I don't even own a smart phone. But I do have a Mac and it's easy to use. but otherwise, I'm dumb as a doorbell, when it comes to high tech gear. I'll post some pictures this week, of my adventures at Yosemite. What a great ride though. I'm going for a ride today around 6:00. I want to get as much riding in as possible. Before I have my shoulder surgery. Now before anybody ask? Here's why I have to have surgery on my shoulder. About three weeks ago. I was in the shower and I was expecting an important call. Well, the call came when I was in the shower. I tried to get out of the shower too fast to answer the phone, then I slipped on the rug and fell hard on my hardwood floors with my shoulder and I thought I broke my collarbone. But come to find out that my collar bone was fine . But, I managed to rip all of my cartilage's out of my shoulder. So, right now, I'm going in for surgery on the 15Th of November. Then I wont be able to do anything for about nine months. Plus I just bought my 2018 Bobber, that I've been breaking in gently, because I want a nice tight motor. I bought my bike about three months ago and I've only put 2,600 miles on her, so far. Well at lest it didn't happen on my bike. But I'm still kind of bummed out about, not being able to ride or play my bass guitar until springtime. Oh well, live and learn.

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
SD card is the Storage Data card in your camera. Open battery compartment and you should see it in there. Give a little push on it and it should pop out. It's about 1/8" thick, about 1" wide and a little over 1" long. My Canon camera has one, perhaps your's does too. Find corresponding slot on your computer and plug it in, if your Mac has an SD slot. Save it into a pictures file and draw from that to upload onto here.
https://www.triumphtalk.com/threads/adding-images-to-posts.47917/

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Wow Snakesfield, of all the dumb luck!!!!
Good luck with the surgery and heal fast.
Glad you're enjoying the bobber TUP TUP

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 46 Years
Administrator
Local time
Today, 23:30
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Wow now that is bad luck and just when you really need to ride as much as you can. That is a long time for it to heal so let's hope you up and riding before that.

Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
That's why I'm riding as much as I can, before this operation. I heal pretty fast, so I'm going to see how I'm healing and feeling, in about six months after the operation. Then, I'll try to ride my baby then. I'll just ride with a friend, stay in the foothills and not go any faster than 45 to 55 miles an hour and also stay away from those tight corners. I'll just stay on a nice easy roads like, HWY 88 or HWY 4. That's not to far from home and if I start hurting , I'll head home ASAP. But, before I do any of that, I'll ask my doctor first though, if it's cool with him. My Ortho doctor rides himself and is a really cool guy too. But, if he says that I'm not ready to ride yet? Then, I'll wait until he gives me the green light. I know that I'm going to be wanting to ride real bad. But I also want my shoulder to get better to and not damage it ant more, than it already is. I can always wash , wax, clean all the chrome and polish up my engine case with some Blue Magic.
If nothing else, I'll have the cleanest and most polished Bobber, around the central valley. I'll send those pictures as soon as I can.
Thanks everybody for your support.
Snakesfield

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
You're already pretty seriously injured and you don't want to make it any worse so listen to the doc.
If he say no, it may be a tough pill to swallow, but stay off the bike. Your body comes first and it will thank you many years down the road
I went through something similar and was off the bike for nearly eight months.
In my case, most of it was over our cold Canadian winter so I couldn't ride anyway, but I did lose half the summer in the saddle.

After the surgery, if they want you to go for physiotherapy, please go, stick to the program and work hard, otherwise you may not get your range of motion back. You may not need it, but I'm just sayin'...…...

After my shoulder surgery I could hardly move my arm. It was next to dead and useless, but after an intensive program of physio I had my range of motion back and was fit as a fiddle eight months later. I was back on the bike in the spring and it was as if it hadn't happened.

It's been ten years and now I don't even think about it any more.
Good luck and end of sermon BGRIN

Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I agree 100%. I got this beautiful new bike and I'm just going through riding withdraws. But I'm still in my sixties and I just need to wait and heal right. But, I'm really jonesing to ride that bad boy. But the good thing is, that it's getting winter time and it's supposed to rain a lot this winter. So, I guess, that after the surgery. When I'm feeling better down the road. I'll just make sure that I have the cleanest looking Bobber around with hardly any miles on her. Plus, I keep her in the garage and covered also. There's somethings that I've been wanting to buy for her also. Like some nice saddlebags, forward controls , higher handle bars, and I'm really wanting that TEC cam that supposed to add 30% more horsepower to your Bobber and I'd like to get my rims sealed too, so that I can run tubeless tires. I read that this guy named George, who I read supposedly designed the Bobber for Triumph, wanted to put in that cam, but Triumph said no. I'm not really sure why? But, the reviews that I've read about that new TEC cam, are really great. But on that one, I'll wait until my warranty runs out, before I have my Triumph dealer put that cam in for me in for me But your right as much as I want to get back in the saddle, I've got to start PT, two weeks after the operation and I don't want to go through this again. So, I'll be glad to take your advice and it good advise too. It's just hard, but I can stay off of her until I'm back to 100% . I'll just buy some goodies that I need, for my baby. I'll have the time to buy them and have them installed. I also want buy some really good cash bars also, to protect my engine.
Thanks folks for all the positive support.
Snakesfield

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville

triumph david

Riding for 60 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 16:30
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
Snakesfield, be sure to do just what the therapist prescribe for you, i had shoulder surgery a few years back, seams to me the therapy did more good than anything.

Snakesfield

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
On the surgery, what they're going to do, is replace two or more cartilages that I completely rips to shreds, with some cadaver cartilages. Then two weeks of doing absolutely nothing except watching TV. Then, I start about nine or more moths of PT. Which I'm taking this very serious. Unfortunately that means no motorcycle rides, until the Doctor clears me. No matter how bad I want to ride. I'm just not going to do it. with out his clearance. I never want to go through this much pain again.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom