Fun Day Tomorrow On My Bobber

BGRIN the Bobber is no slug if you want to crank the throttle - as you found out TUP
Good luck starting a group TUP

I went for a ride yesterday. As I was going down my street very slowly. When, my neighbor almost takes me out. By, backing his car out of his driveway real fast and not looking around, to see what was around him. I always ride on the side of caution though, { which means, that I don't go hauling ass down the street }. I ride and shift, like a same person would. Not like, I'm doing a hole shot, off the line. Anyway, I caught it and I made a quick swerve to miss it. The guy was a real piece of work tough. I was cool about it, even though it could have done some real damage to me and it would have been his fault also. Because, I had the right of way. The law was on my side. The guy got so angry about it, that he was screaming and yelling at me, trying to start a fight. Until his wife came out and told him to shut up, go stand in the conner. Which he did with his head hanging down, then she apologized to me, for his actions. Which, I accepted very nicely, then I moved on. It was a very strange encounter, which I don't care to repeat. But it ended kind of cool, anyway. The guy is some kind of a professional also, wearing a suit and tie. I'm 63 years old, with my rotary cup still healing. The last thing I want to do, is get in some silly fight, over him almost running and backing over me. While I was driving down the street at about 15 miles an hour or even slower. So, I think about now and I just laugh about it. Then, I just chalk it up to experience.

Attachments

• IMG_2066.JPG
    IMG_2066.JPG
    585.9 KB · Views: 4
It is strange when someone screws up and endangers or hurts another, these person takes out out on the person he endangered or hurt.

How typical, not taking responsibility for their actions - knowing full well they were in the wrong - and being a complete :shit: head about it.
Smart move to be cautious on residential streets TUP TUP
This may not be the last time stupid stuff like that will happen. Be safe.

I think i would have been embarrassed to do something like that, especially to a neighbor!

Narcissistic people don't think that way!

Last edited:
I just fill that when someone does something really, stupidly wrong and they know it. I just fill that they should apologize for their actions. But, instead of being nice and saying : { Hey, I'm sorry. } they just have to get really ugly about it and want to fight. Plus, I'm the one, that they almost took out and I had the right of way too. But, instead of letting them get me mad and me getting really ugly about it? I just become as nice, as I can be. I've always felt, that you can get more done with honey, than with vinegar.

Also, you are on a bike, and you can "ride your troubles away."

On Saturday, I went to look at a houses in Twain Heart, California to buy. So, I took my Bobber. up 108 to Twain Heart. On the way, I pulled over at a 76 station in Jamestown to fill up and I met this really nice couple on HDs. He was riding a full on, really nice Hog and she was riding a really nice looking Sportster. Anyway, I rode along with them, until I made my turn off to go home. They waved me on and I waved back. They were really a nice couple. I surprised the heck out of them too, by keeping up with them, without a problem and plenty of power to spare. A really great and fun Saturday of riding.

Sounds like a great ride. TUP

BGRIN it made me smile when you said you had no problem keeping up with them on the H-D's.
Your Bobber could easily outrun them if you were so inclined so don't feel you're inferior in any way.

It was Saturday and HWY 108 was packed, with people going to Yosemite, to go camping. I was bobbing and weaving through traffic, when I heard that couple behind me from that 76 station, on their HDs. So I pulled over into the next lane, to let them go pass. When all of a sudden, I decided that I'd ride along with them in a staggered formation.{ As soon as we all got around those cars.} They cracked their throttles and so did I. I did almost pass them up a couple of times. But held back, out of respect. But, I let them know what a 1200cc watercooled Triumph can do also and they were surprised. But at the same time, I didn't want to be a show off either. All in all though, it was a great fun day of riding and meeting new people.

BGRIN there is great satisfaction as you smile inside your helmet knowing that you could blow by them in a heart beat TUP TUP
I generally stay in line, but not always. I know what I have and don't need to show off, but not always ROTFL

I'm taking off on my Bobber for a ride up 108 to Sonora, right now. To look at houses. to buy. I'll share about my adventures, when I get back.

Have a safe trip and a great ride.

Lots of fun yesterday. Nice weather, I finally found the home that I'm going to buy. It needs a new roof on it, but since I'm paying cash. That gives me a lot more bargaining power also. But, the house is awesome. The closest neighbor is a hundred feet away. No grass to mow, City water, a new septic tank, new upgraded plumbing, with copper pipes through out, the house. With lots of pine trees, a garage, a river that runs all year around. That's maintained by the county. Because it's a major walking trail also. For people to walk with their friends, pets and so on. I'm getting it for a great price here in California too. I'm selling my other house, in Turlock California and buying this one in Sonora. Anyway I have some pictures that I need to download and show my new house off.
Now about my ride. I rode up 120 to 108 then into Sonora. It was kind of windy, but the weather was still nice though. Hardly any traffic on 108 and I just put 7,000 miles on my bike. I had new break, pads changed. Because, I had my big ole foot riding the back brake some and didn't realize it. My Triumph dealer said : to mainly use my front brakes for slowing down and then both brakes together for a complete stop. Instead of just using my rear brakes, more than my front brakes for all my stopping. It cost me a 100.00 bucks for the service. I would have done it myself. But, I don't own any metric tools right now. Which I will take care of around Christmas time, from Lowes. Now that they sell Craftsman tools. I'm also building a good relationship with my Triumph dealer to. Just by going in and saying hi and having them do some small things, that I can't do. Because, I don't have any metric tools yet. That's how I discovered, that I needed those brake pads. I was very lucky also, thanks the good lord. Because, I didn't have, but about forty miles left on those pads. Then it would have been metal to metal. So, I learned something, that I should have known. But I had forgotten about. But, that's still no excuse either. I should have paid more attention to my owners manual. So, I reread it again last night. I just didn't realize how important that front brake is. But now I do. So, I'm braking correctly now.
A funny little thing happened on my way back home yesterday. I was cruising along, at 55 miles per hour when this guy, hauling butt down the road on his HD. Passed me up like nothing. Only because, I was going 55 miles an hour and he was going over 80 miles an hour, down the road. So, I caught up with him at the next light and blew him out of the water, as soon as the light turned green. He was so shocked, that he never even tried to catch up with me. So, instead of being cool and the both of us riding together. He had to be a show off and I bought into that nonsense. But, I have to be honest though. It felt pretty darn good to shut him down. Because, of that I'm a hardcore biker attitude that some folks get. But, it's silly to be a motorcycle snob. Just because, you riding another brand of motorcycle and don't want to be seen with anybody, without the same brand as they have. Hell, I'll ride with anybody. Just as long, as they ride safely and don't take dumb unsafe chances. I don't care what kind of bike they have either. I just enjoy riding, not branding or being a brand snob.

Congrats on finding a new house and I wish you the best with the sale of your current house. TUP

Sounds like you had a good ride. I agree with you 100% about riding two (or three) wheels. I don;t care what brand you ride; I am just glad that you ride.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom