Good News and Query on Handlebars

Brad

Local time
Today, 23:06
So after burning a chunk of neoprene from my favorite jacket onto my exhaust pipes, I bought some MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) and bronze wool and my pipes are as good as new. :y115: I'll be keeping these materials for repeat stupidity.

My question is about where I might go to find a handlebar for my '09 Speedy that would allow me to sit back just a bit? I like the dragbar look, but I want it to pull back more so I'm more relaxed in the saddle. Please let me know if anyone knows where to find what I'm looking for (at least 2" more pullback).

Thanks,
Brad

While I'm hoping for a cheap handlebar, this is a good, possible option. I'll have to ponder the expense...

Thanks for the feedback!

If the Speedy has one inch diameter bars, the HD Sportster bars will fit it and HD has a whole range of them. Several folks have put Sportster bars on their Bonnies for a slightly wider stance. Ant third party one inch bars will fit also. Keep in mind that you may need to reroute cables or even get longer cables.

I forgot to add - congrats on getting the burned gunk off of the pipe. I have had success with EasyOff oven cleaner.

Have you looked at the bars from the America as I know they are different to what we have on our Speedy

Good insight! (especially on the HD bars) The thought of risers wouldn't seem so bad if I wasn't preparing to write a multi-thousand dollar check to Uncle Samboma before the 15th. But truth be told, someone's got to pay his bills. :cash:

Concerning the Oven Cleaner, I tried that first. Unfortunately, neoprene is the material on rubber gloves used when chemical resistance is important. So just my luck, I burned a chemically resistant material onto my pipes. But MEK and bronze wool is a hard combination for anything (except chrome and other hard metals) to resist. :y115:

Brad

That is good to know about the MEK and bronz wool. I appreciate that info.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom