grandpaul

Old Bike Lover
Staff
Local time
Today, 15:08
My Ride
2000 Legend 900 Triple, 1969 Bonneville vintage roadracer, 1966 Triton
Riding Since
Due to financial hardship from a broken leg with all of the accompanying hospital, ER, and doctor expenses, (with no insurance), I find myself needing to sell some bikes to pay off medial debts.

I will sell as many bikes as it takes to get debt-free again, then re-evaluate the collection and the way forward.

As this is the Triumph forum, I will limit this listing to just the classic Triumphs. I also have classic Nortons, a BSA, and some Japanese bikes, as well as a BMW.

ALL BIKES ARE LOCATED IN LEANDER , TEXAS, north of Austin on Hwy 183.

Please PM for more details, you should be able to know whether you are serious about one or more bikes from the info I'll include here. Be aware that the bikes are in my shop/storage 10 miles away, and I'm in a cast with crutches, so it is NOT EASY to get over there just to take a picture or two, or to see the mileage on a certain bike. PLEASE be considerate.

For whoever buys the LAST bike that any of my spare parts and/or special tools pertain to, you will receive that stuff for pennies on the dollar (literally).

I will list each bike with details, in replies to this post, below.

Thanx, and I hope a TTalk member or two end up with one or more of these bikes. certainly a quick search will turn up anything I've posted about them here (which, as in the case of my race bike, is a LOT of info!)

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
GrandPaul’s ’66 T120R/650SS/GT TriTon

I started with a frame that a friend sold me after he ordered a second frame to replace one that had apparently gone missing. I had a couple of spare Bonneville engines to choose from, a Ceriani front end, Matchless rear wheel, set of scrambler pipes, and Manx seat on the shelves, so I was able to quickly mock up my “before” picture.

This bike is a tribute to my late friend and racing mentor, Malcolm “BritBodger” Dixon, who passed away in 2010 after a battle with colon cancer (guys, get your regular screenings). He got me excited about, and into, vintage roadracing in 2007 at the age of 72; we raced together 12 years at our annual rallye in the field events, and for 2 years on the tracks of the AHRMA circuit in Historic Production Heavyweight on our Bonnevilles. His nephew asked me to assist with his estate liquidation, and gave me the remaining parts after I conducted a “silent sale” of his amazing parts collection at our annual rallye; some of those parts are on this bike, and his memory lives on every time I ride and wrench on it.

The project took just under 2-1/2 years from mock-up to start-up.

-1966 Triumph T120R 650 Bonneville engine
-1966 Norton 650SS Dominator Slimline Featherbed frame
-1972 Suzuki GT550 Indy front suspension & 4 leading shoe front brakes
-Born Again Bikes Featherbed ¾” swingarm spindle & sintered bronze bushing upgrade kit
-M.A.P. 750cc big bore kit with 10.5:1 pistons
-M.A.P. belt drive primary, lightweight clutch pack, alloy collets & keepers
-Triumph 5-speed transmission conversion
-Kibblewhite valves & guides
-Amal Mk II carbs with K&N filters
-Tri-Spark electronic ignition
-Sparx three-phase alternator & solid state regulator/rectifier
-Hand wired electrical harness with individually fused circuits, AGM battery
-Webco finned alloy rocker oil feed manifold
-Dresda engine mounting plates
-Hagon adjustable rear shocks
-Excel shouldered aluminum rims laced with stainless spokes by Buchanan’s
-Avon AM20 series Roadrunner tires
-Manx style bum stop/cutout seat
-Lyta sprint style tank
-Early Commando central mount oil tank
-Lockhart oil cooler & cartridge type oil filter
-Clubman clip-on handlebars, Thomaselli throttle, Tarozzi adjustable rearset footpegs
-Big bore Triumph headers with Norton peashooter mufflers

Custom fabricated bits include:
-Sidestand lug to accommodate Commando kickstand
-Swingarm spindle & bushing upgrades
-Steering stem mods & bearing race spacers
-Hand-made pair of split keepers to replace single missing pair
-Crancase & transmission inner cover mods to accommodate 5-speed upgrade
-Modified intake manifolds
-Carb steadies/mounting tabs
-Seat mounting tabs
-Oil tank mods & mounting tabs
-Rearset control linkages
-Alloy meter mount plate
-Entire wiring harness with individually fused circuits & electrical component mounting panel
-Keyswitch mounting bracket

Complete build thread is at Triton!

02 Triton.jpg

The bike will get a new battery, as it has been sitting. I need to fabricate a pair of muffler hangars and a tank strap, and I need to replace the transmission cover gasket. Will consider discounting if buyer wants to do those items. Seat has a small tear on the bum stop at the top left near the rear.

Sold with Bill of Sale only; buyer responsible for all costs associated with obtaining title and/or registration if desired (must be done before bike ships, if TITLE is desired).

ASKING $7,500.00 Please PM to discuss.

'67 Triumph T120R Bonneville * * SOLD * * (at asking price, less 2nd bike discount)
03 - 67 Bonnie.jpg

Last edited:
GPZ's Bonneville vintage roadrace bike

I built this bike from scratch, using parts from 1965-1969, with a '70 paint job, so it's a TRUE "Bitsa".

Engine & frame are NON-MATCHING.

It was built to run in AHRMA's Novice Historic Production Heavyweight class, and is 100% compliant as it is bone-stock except for .020" over pistons & Sparx electronic ignition, and plastic front fender (which are all allowed under the rules). It can be easily upgraded to a 750 top end to run in Sportsman and/or other classes, and with other organizations. It could also easily get lights and be licensed for the street.

Besides finishing 5th out of 22 riders in the 2008 season (most on 750s, some on OHC bikes, 750 triples & fours), I also set the class record at the Bonneville Salt Flats in the '08 BUB meet. One I learned how to launch (after my 3rd race), I was never beaten to turn 1. The bike is QUICK! One-kick starting as usual. I will include a complete list of race accomplishments from 2007-2010, with photos of all awards earned.

The bike will have a new battery and total service & maintenance on delivery. Tires are decent.

05 - 69 Race Bike.jpg

Sold with Bill of Sale only; buyer responsible for all costs associated with obtaining title and/or registration if desired (must be done before bike ships, if TITLE is desired).

ASKING $5,500.00 Please PM to discuss.

1970 Triumph T120R Bonneville * * SOLD * * (at asking price)
06 - 70 Bonnie.JPG

Last edited:
My son has agreed to let me list his '79 T140D Bonnie 750 Special (formerly mine), to help me out.

NUMBERS MATCHING
Got new tires & battery, full maintenance & service in 2019
All original except muffler
Clean Texas title
No issues, ready to ride!

044-79TRI.JPG

I can get better photos next week. The above photo is old, but it still looks the same.

ASKING $7,500.00 Please PM to discuss.

Sorry that you have to part with some of your great looking bikes.
I would be all over a couple of those(older Bonnies), if possible.

Agree, some stunning bikes in that collection TUP TUP

Sorry about your situation Paul and you really have some stunning bikes in your collection.

Sorry about your situation Paul and you really have some stunning bikes in your collection.
Technically, I don't HAVE to sell the whole collection.

I have to garner enough cash not only to pay my medical bills, but to finish my shop/garage/hangar that has been languishing untrimmed, uninsulated, with poor lighting, and without a concrete floor in the extended section, nor an apron in front, nor proper wheels for the hangar doors so they don't flop about.

Also, I need to have a few truckloads of road material brought in, spread, and properly compacted for the three runways.

Not to mention, run permanent power from the local utility pole almost 500' away, and dig a water well with appropriate filtering & treatment equipment.

So, the plan is to sell bikes until all of the above happen. Whatever is left, is what's left. Certainly the bikes are all priced with room to negotiate, but I'm not giving anything away. Worst case, they all sell as a lot, and I buy a new Triumph Speed Twin with wire spoke wheels and clean single-color aftermarket exhaust system. I could live like that.

GP, sorry to hear about your bad misfortune those are some nice bikes, wish i had loads of $ !!

A great shame and I hope it works out for you. Fully recovering your health is the most important thing. Best wishes.

Paul, I am so sorry to learn of your situation. You are on my prayer list. I can personally attest that you have some mighty fine bikes. Heal quickly!

So sorry to hear about your troubles Paul . This getting old is coming along at a bad time . Hope you sale goes well . All the best Brooke

Sold the '70 Bonneville and Sally's '02 Bonnie, so we're "over the hump" on the medical bills!

I sure hope the downhill side of the hump involves less effort.

I've made (10) 24-mile round trips, including getting off the truck with crutches to open and close the double gates with one hand and 3 hops each gate), then hobbled around between the RV and the building, hopping (carefully) up to the top of the ramp and opening the shop door to get inside and unlock the garage door (10 times, and lock it all back up afterwards), hobbling through scrub brush and up & down a little hill to get to the big trailer, open it up, and climb inside to show some other bikes, then lock it up again 8 of the 10 trips so far, and today doing the whole routine, plus opening the hangar door to CAREFULLY extract the '70 Bonnie past the ultralight whose wing cables try to grab you by the neck if you're not careful!

Anyway, I think since I relocated one of the more popular bikes ('83 Honda VF750 Interceptor) right up front where I can easily work on it, I'll have it running in a couple of days and 4 people waiting to hear it and possibly test-ride it will decide who will bid highest. That will help on the medical bills, but still won't close them out.

Whew, "me legs is tired, I tells ya"...

Well done. I had my eyes on that '70. Even plotted out the trip on Google Maps. I hope you got close to your asking price. That was a beaut.

I am glad you are getting some relief! TUP

Well done. I had my eyes on that '70. Even plotted out the trip on Google Maps. I hope you got close to your asking price. That was a beaut.
Yes, got my asking price for the '70 & the '02 (same buyer will get it next week)

Hang in there Paul . It’s all we can do ...

Paul, you did good but i know it hurts alittle to see some of your toys you worked on leave for a new home.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom