Triumphlove

Riding for 6 Years
Local time
Today, 10:46
First Name
Rene
My Ride
2006 sprint st 1050
I have a 2006 triumph sprint 1050, last year I changed out my fuel pump and since then have had a problem with headlights not working? I’ve checked the bulbs there good and the relay and fuses are also good I’m shooting for ignition switch or possibly earth connection but looking for any advice

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 64 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 10:46
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Running down an electrical problem like this is not easy. Is the problem intermittant or do the headlights not work at all? Is it just the headlights not working or does it affect the tailight too? Do you have a wiring diagram? Start your search with the most simple working toward the more complex.
1. Check all of of your ground (earth) connections.
2. Look for any loose connections. In the headlight wiring, look for any breaks in the wires that could be intermittently shorting.
3. Check your headlight switch.
4. Check the ignition switch.

Someone else may have additional ideas to add to mine. I wish you success in your trouble shooting.

Qship

Riding for 42 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 11:46
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Where you say the problem started after you changed the fuel pump, I would start there and re-examine all the wires and connections you may have disconnected or disturbed changing the fuel pump.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom