Heated Seat Quit After Connectivity System Fitted.

Charlie1780

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
Today, 13:42
First Name
Stewart
My Ride
Tiger 800
Scrambler 1200XE
Any updates on if triumph ever fixed all the issues? Last I checked, it is still not all working.
My seat works fine, the display still displays red (full heat) but both settings work fine . Proven by going half heat first before increasing to full. So although it’s not perfect it still works so I’m happy enough until they sort it out . I will talk to the guys tomorrow to give the factory a nudge, but I know the factory are aware and we’re working on it.
The Bluetooth module hasn’t caused an issue with my scrambler at all but that hasn’t got a heated seat, but what I mean is there are no other issues .

Zuki1

Local time
Today, 05:42
My Ride
Tiger 800 XCA
Any updates on if triumph ever fixed all the issues? Last I checked, it is still not all working.
My dealer had me bring my bike back in just before the snow hit... Triumph sent my dealer a data logger they wanted to connect and pull information. They had to connect it and then ride it for quite a while. They then had to send the data logger back to Triumph.

My seat works on high only and the fuel gauge still doesn't register anything when completely full.

The snow is on the ground now, I hope they have a fix by spring....

Larry

buddyrm

Riding for 32 Years
Local time
Today, 08:42
My Ride
Tiger 800 2018
My dealer had me bring my bike back in just before the snow hit... Triumph sent my dealer a data logger they wanted to connect and pull information. They had to connect it and then ride it for quite a while. They then had to send the data logger back to Triumph.

My seat works on high only and the fuel gauge still doesn't register anything when completely full.

The snow is on the ground now, I hope they have a fix by spring....

Larry
I understand, I have since given up and still fighting to get my money back for all the updates I was charged for. I have no intention of going through this nightmare with Triumph or the dealer charging me for every update. This has been a total disappointment from start to finish. First and last Triumph for me.

brooke

Riding for 52 Years
Local time
Today, 09:42
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Ouch !! Feeling your pain Buddy .

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 30 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Such a shame that this experience has soured you on Triumphs, but you can hardly be blamed.

sikatri

Local time
Today, 07:42
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
That’s rough. Sad that this issue is not getting resolved. Modern electronics, great to have when it works, and a pain in the ass when it doesn’t.
So the fuel gauge goes blank when it’s filled? Have you checked at what point it blanks by not filling it all the way? Then adding a bit more until it does. Or does it blank regardless of how much fuel is added?

buddyrm

Riding for 32 Years
Local time
My Ride
Tiger 800 2018
That’s rough. Sad that this issue is not getting resolved. Modern electronics, great to have when it works, and a pain in the ass when it doesn’t.
So the fuel gauge goes blank when it’s filled? Have you checked at what point it blanks by not filling it all the way? Then adding a bit more until it does. Or does it blank regardless of how much fuel is added?
Well today I finally got my refund for all the updates I paid for that I should not have. Triumph reimbursed the dealer for all the charges they made me pay. Then the dealer reimbursed me. It only took 25 emails to Triumph, countless calls to the dealer to coordinate the refund and took 3 months to process. But finally I got it. I will never put myself through this headache again. Even if they finally fix the update (which I highly doubt that will happen because the programmer is in China, does not speak English and has never seen a Triumph tiger 800 but made the code changes, which does not work. :) ). I will remove the Bluetooth and send the whole lot back to them for a final refund. This has been the most frustrated I have ever been dealing with a motorcycle manufacture and dealer. First and last Triumph for me. Too bad because they have a great motorcycle, but customer service, is definitely lacking here in Canada. Wish all you Bluetooth updaters luck, but I would not hold my breath that it will ever be fixed.

sikatri

Local time
Today, 07:42
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
Well today I finally got my refund for all the updates I paid for that I should not have. Triumph reimbursed the dealer for all the charges they made me pay. Then the dealer reimbursed me. It only took 25 emails to Triumph, countless calls to the dealer to coordinate the refund and took 3 months to process. But finally I got it. I will never put myself through this headache again. Even if they finally fix the update (which I highly doubt that will happen because the programmer is in China, does not speak English and has never seen a Triumph tiger 800 but made the code changes, which does not work. :) ). I will remove the Bluetooth and send the whole lot back to them for a final refund. This has been the most frustrated I have ever been dealing with a motorcycle manufacture and dealer. First and last Triumph for me. Too bad because they have a great motorcycle, but customer service, is definitely lacking here in Canada. Wish all you Bluetooth updaters luck, but I would not hold my breath that it will ever be fixed.
Glad you got refunded. It’s the correct thing to do. If I’m understanding you correctly this was an upgrade option sold by Triumph, but produced by a third party? Sounds like a mess. I’m wondering how much of the inability is related to this pandemic which seems to have collapsed the infrastructure of trade and manufacturing, shortages and delays. Inter-connectivity stops being a plus when a system is stressed. I hope you’ll just ride that Tiger and get this experience behind you if possible. Again glad you’re getting resolution.

Zuki1

Local time
My Ride
Tiger 800 XCA
I received a call from Triumph USA yesterday. Apparently Triumph had a bike that was experiencing the issue shipped to the factory so they can actually see it first hand....Not sure why it took them this long, but maybe they will actually get something fixed? I sure hope they have a fix once winter is over....

Zuki1

Local time
My Ride
Tiger 800 XCA
Wow! My dealer hasn't charged me anything since the issue came up. I'd have been a lot more annoyed if they had tried. They plan on going after Triumph after the issue is resolved, but they don't expect to get fully reimbursed for their time.

buddyrm

Riding for 32 Years
Local time
My Ride
Tiger 800 2018
Wow! My dealer hasn't charged me anything since the issue came up. I'd have been a lot more annoyed if they had tried. They plan on going after Triumph after the issue is resolved, but they don't expect to get fully reimbursed for their time.
Well good luck, I personally closed this issue and don’t expect triumph to ever properly fix the issue. Not after what I had to go through. I am happy to just have the original software back and my waterproof phone as my google maps device linked to my Bluetooth helmet comm. way better than the crap they had me put on with all the other problems in the bike software. Their Bluetooth device just sucks. Not worth $10 even. Cheers

neilh

Riding for 32 Years
Local time
Today, 13:42
First Name
Neil
My Ride
Tiger 800XCA
Just about to ask the same question. It's due for a service and MOT so do I book it in at Triumph and see if its all sorted with another update, or book in at my trusty independent.....

brooke

Riding for 52 Years
Local time
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Great but scary question …

eangel

Riding for 5 Years
Local time
Today, 14:42
First Name
Mario
My Ride
Triumph Tiger 800 XRT 2018
Has this been fixed yet?
I have had this problem since last spring and I'm about to get my bike serviced now. I am hoping that the issue will be fixed as I would like to keep riding for a while when the weather gets colder.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom