Heated Seat Quit After Connectivity System Fitted.

Please let me know if they can revert the software as my dealer said they tried and it failed.
Apparently, the issue seems to be resolved, another user took another update that was available and then the dealer reapplied the bluetooth update and low and behold, all is working. I have an appointment Monday the 27th and I will ask the dealer to do those steps, then we will see.

Apparently, the issue seems to be resolved, another user took another update that was available and then the dealer reapplied the bluetooth update and low and behold, all is working. I have an appointment Monday the 27th and I will ask the dealer to do those steps, then we will see.
Great to hear, mines booked at Tamworth for 1st Oct

I had my bike to my dealer today as they said there was a new update. Nothing was fixed. I guess I need to go back and make sure it was the actual latest update. My heated seat started working only on high after the previous update. Still no low setting.

Last edited:
I had my bike to my dealer today as they said there was a new update. Nothing was fixed. I guess I need to go back and make sure it was the actual latest update. My heated seat started working only on high after the previous update. Still no low setting.
There is another update after yours, the other dealer did not know what it was for. So there is another update.

There is another update after yours, the other dealer did not know what it was for. So there is another update.
I just spoke with Triumph USA after my dealer updated them with what was done. According to them, my bike does have the latest software. I guess there is some communication issues between the UK and USA...... I had to direct them to this thread to get my point across.....

I just spoke with Triumph USA after my dealer updated them with what was done. According to them, my bike does have the latest software. I guess there is some communication issues between the UK and USA...... I had to direct them to this thread to get my point across.....
Completely useless company, look at all this effort,. Triumph should be all over this. This will really hurt them in the end.

UPDATE IS HERE AND IT WORKS !!!!!!

Yesterday i went into my Triumph dealer in Tamworth UK... a great bunch of guys to be fair, but when i filled with fuel last week i lost the fuel display on my 2021 Tiger 800 XRT.
I had already lost my heated front seat with the connectivity module and like everyone else was waiting for the update. I had just filled up with fuel 50 miles from home and immediately lost the display (i could see it but it was all greyed out) but it came back on about 1 mile from home, so i asked the dealer to take a look. He said he would plug it in and see if he could find a fault code. Approx an hour later he said that no faults were found, HOWEVER, there was an update for the bikes software so he had installed that anyway. I joked that maybe it has fixed the seat issue to which he replied that Triumph haven't told them of any fix for the seat issue as yet.

I went out to the bike and started it up and checked the seat... and it worked!!!!! i told the guys the update had fixed the issue so everyone was happy and they said they would feed the news back to the factory. HOWEVER (again) when i got home i checked the bluetooth module and found that i couldn't pair with it.. nothing worked at all... so ... i called the dealer again this morning and said I had lost all connectivity to the bike and I would rather have the module working as i am going away for a week in October, than have the heated seat, so i took it over again this afternoon and the reinstalled the bluetooth software and guess what... everything works, all navigation functions etc AND THE HEATED SEAT !!!

So i f you still have no heated seat after installing the module , get down to your dealer, the update is out and it works.... but make sure they reinstall the bluetooth software AFTER they have updated the bike software.

Everything works as it should have done 12 months ago when i had the module installed... even the dealers have not been informed of this and now my local dealer knows he is calling is other customers with the same problem to get them booked in...... a good bike day today :cool:View attachment 50975
So you have low and high heat setting on the seat and when you fill your tank, it does show full (all bars)? Does the icon also show properly for the low and high settings? Can you send some pics? That would be great. Thanks

So.. The dealer called me today to check what was happening as the factory have now announced the new software update. As it turns out the software update i had installed last week IS THE LATEST but they are only just announcing it now.

BUT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER SOON !

The heated seat does work on BOTH settings however both times you press the button the display will show high setting only... so if you press it twice then this will be on the low setting,,(display will show high setting) then if you cycle yo off again then press it once it goes on to the high setting (display still shows high).. by doing it this way you can prove the low and high setting works but the display will always show high... this display issue will be corrected with the next software update, however it all works, just doesn't display properly yet.

The reason i say to do it this way is the seat gets warmer, but if you start on the high setting you have to wait for it to cool down which takes a while...

The fuel gauge issue is still under investigation but is not a major issue as it only goes off when the tank is full and comes back on after 40-50 miles.... there are looking into it.

I'm quite happy that the bluetooth module all works fine and so does the heated seat... the display will get sorted in the next update which they are currently working on.

Speak to Stuart on the service desk, he is up to speed now (y)

So you have low and high heat setting on the seat and when you fill your tank, it does show full (all bars)? Does the icon also show properly for the low and high settings? Can you send some pics? That would be great. Thanks
Still having an issue with the fuel display when filling ther tank but they are looking into it. See my other post for the heated seat update (y)

Great thanks, I spoke to Neil to book it in, but I'll make sure he checks with Stuart. Thank you.
Neil is aware but Stuart has the detail .

Well today my dealer tried to update to the latest available update 2020-13, still the heated seat does not work properly and neither the fuel gauge, soooo frustrating. They decided to revert back to the factory install, after a few snags, they were able to get the factory software installed again. The heated seats now work and the fuel gauge is back to normal !!!!!!!!!! so now the Bluetooth module has been removed. No big deal. BUTTTTT the dealer charged me $ 132.00 to do the initial install software update and then another $284.00 for each of my bikes ( including my wifes) for a total of $ 700.00 Canadian to revert back to factory. The dealer made me pay for all this back and forth and will try to claim from Triumph for a reimbursement for all the work so I can get my money back. Lets see how this plays out. But I am not sure I will see my money. No bluetooth, $700.00 out of pocket plus the modules. Lets see if Triumph stands behind their product. :-( Soooo disappointed in Triumph. I can not keep paying for updates. Are you guys paying everytime it is updated? or am I being screwed over.

Last edited:
That's shocking !!!!

My dealer hasn't charged me at all...no matter how many times i go back or how many times they have plugged it in and tried an update. They have even offered to give me a full refund and remove the module, which i declined and still they are happy to look at it.

You should write to Triumph directly and complain.... i am amazed that they have charged you for a bike that is in warranty and not performing as it should.

That's shocking !!!!

My dealer hasn't charged me at all...no matter how many times i go back or how many times they have plugged it in and tried an update. They have even offered to give me a full refund and remove the module, which i declined and still they are happy to look at it.

You should write to Triumph directly and complain.... i am amazed that they have charged you for a bike that is in warranty and not performing as it should.
I have written to Triumph USA and the dealer has filed a claim, lets see if they will refund me. But I will not purse the Bluetooth anymore. I will send them back to Triumph. Just not worth the headache and being charged for every update. They are not very supportive in North America. Definitely my last Triumph.

Its
I have written to Triumph USA and the dealer has filed a claim, lets see if they will refund me. But I will not purse the Bluetooth anymore. I will send them back to Triumph. Just not worth the headache and being charged for every update. They are not very supportive in North America. Definitely my last Triumph.
a shame that your dealer has pushed you to that decision , but I have reached the same point with my Audi .. my 4th Audi and my last ..

Wow. Seems there is a procedure that works, but something is lost in the translation from British English and North American English. Definitely makes one weary of adding functions over a basic setup. Been following this thread and there certainly seems to be a huge difference from one dealership to another and from one continent to another.

Neil is aware but Stuart has the detail .
All done, both Neil and Stuart are up to speed with it now. Shame that the icon stays red on both settings but to be honest I am just glad its sorted as the mornings are getting a bit colder! Neil did say you called them from the bike to say yes its working!! They did say that when I have my service next year they will try and see if there is an update for the icons at that time.

All done, both Neil and Stuart are up to speed with it now. Shame that the icon stays red on both settings but to be honest I am just glad its sorted as the mornings are getting a bit colder! Neil did say you called them from the bike to say yes its working!! They did say that when I have my service next year they will try and see if there is an update for the icons at that time.
Excellent !!

Any updates on if triumph ever fixed all the issues? Last I checked, it is still not all working.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom