Staff
Local time
Today, 01:07
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
After eight years and 42,000 miles, I decided to install handlebar risers on my 2012 800XC. I want the handle bars to be slightly higher and pulled back a little. This makes the bike more comfortable for long distance highway riding while still allowing good control for riding off pavement. I don't ride as severe off road trails as I did and I am preparing to ride cross country this summer.

I looked at several different riser and handlebar options. I looked at both Rox risers and Helibars risers. I decided to keep the stock handlebars which are wide and offer good control off pavement. I installed Hilibars Handlebar Relocation Adapter part number HR06104. This made the handlebar 1 1/4 inches/31.75 mm talker and 1 1/8 inches/27.575mm rearward. It took me about 20 minutes to install the riser and I did not have to reroute any cables or lines. I can sit more upright and my arms are more relaxed. I really like this modification.

20200206_163606.jpg

20200206_163503.jpg

Was one of the first things I did to mine as well. Used the ROX risers myself. 2" and can adjust back or forward if I want. Makes a great difference IMO. Let us know how you like yours.

Will do. I have a 180 mile ride planned tomorrow,

Yesterday, Saturday, I did a 221 mile/355.7 kilometrer ride with 12 of those miles on an unpaved lime rock and gravel road. This gave me the opportunity to thoroughly try the new Helibars handlebar riser. Off pavement, the new position had no affect on handling.

On pavement , the ride consisted of rural roads, highway riding and city riding. The new position was more upright for me and more relaxing for my arms. At the end of the day, my back was tired; but no back ache. I really like the improvement and wish I had made this mod 8 years ago.

The quality of the riser is great. It looks good, fits well and looks factory. Installation took about 20 minutes. I did not have to reroute any cables or lines.

Nice mod and am glad it worked out well TUP

Glad to hear. Did you try any standing positions when off road?

Yes, I did. It was actually easier for me to stand and have good control.

I've had my Rox risers on for several years now, still doing great. Back when I installed them they were the only ones I found available.

I've had my Rox risers on for several years now, still doing great. Back when I installed them they were the only ones I found available.
Yes, that is one reason I waited. Rox did not offer the adjustment I needed. The Helibars riser offered just what I needed. I have now done over 1200 miles with the Helubars riser and I am well pleased.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom