Tim-P

Local time
Today, 08:23
First Name
Tim
My Ride
Triumph Speed Twin
Hi everyone,

Never posted before, returning to biking after about 30 years, have seen a speed twin and decided I just must have one! I need some help as I (a) don't live near anyone who has one (b) don't even have a local dealer I can go to - have had to arrange supply via a local dealer who isn't normally a Triumph dealer

So anyway my question is can you help me spec a bike? - I will be a low miles, slow rider, rarely carry pillion: but won't have a dealer to go back to so would like order to Triumph to be as perfect as possible - so far I am thinking heated grips and vance and hines - what else should i consider? sump guard perhaps ? Please help me with your experience

Suspension, suspension, suspension. The rest of the bike is great. The Vance & Hines pipes are expensive and really only improve the sound. Unless you are going off-road not sure what the reason is for the bash guards under the the engine.

Stock suspension, zero ability to tune the front and the rear shocks are just bad, in my opinion.

Tec Bike Parts has a great progressively wound front fork spring kit and preload adjusters at a good price.

I bought KTech Razor Lite shocks to replace the stock units, pricey, $825.00 ( US Dollars) for the pair. I probably ride a bit harder than you will so the Tec Bike Part shocks will be a good upgrade and not break the bank (unless you have the budget go for the KTech shocks)

I changed to a Corbin saddle (needed the bum bump) and Tec Bike Parts adjustable foot pegs, lower Rizoma handle bar risers and the Triumph really nice adjustable levers. The stock seating position was too neutral for me so with my set-up I get a bit more forward lean.

Thanks for all of that - my thought on a sump guard is that I live in an area where the farmers tend to leave mud etc. on the road - so i thought it might be worth protecting the bottom of the engine.

My area is northern Scotland - although currently on holiday in the canary islands (off the coast of africa but spanish which is why it shows a spanish flag on my posts)

Thanks for all of that - my thought on a sump guard is that I live in an area where the farmers tend to leave mud etc. on the road - so i thought it might be worth protecting the bottom of the engine.

My area is northern Scotland - although currently on holiday in the canary islands (off the coast of africa but spanish which is why it shows a spanish flag on my posts)
I noticed the flag, but more or less guessed you were traveling or residing in or near Spain for a while.
The Canary Islands sound great!:y154:
Enjoy TUP TUP

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom