judzon

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 20:10
First Name
Judzon
My Ride
Triumph Tiger 800 XCX +
Hi Everyone! I am curious to ask the forum... Has anyone experienced Hip, groin and/or leg issues on their Tiger 800? I bought my tiger back in October after switching from a low Harley style bike. I Absolutely Love my Tiger. Thing is, I also developed some Hip flexor issues somewhere thereafter and am curious if this is just me. I have noticed lately, now that I am aware, that the position of the foot pegs does seem to line up with some of my muscle pain issues. I do use the standing position quite regularly... Which absolutely does pull on those hip flexors real good. Either way, Thanks for listening... Let me know!

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 52 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 19:10
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
I've never experienced an issue with my 800XC. I rode many a year on a Wide Glide before moving to strictly off-road on a KTM and now on the XC. I have thought about installing some highway pegs to allow stretching out on long rides but haven't done so yet.

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 63 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
I have not experienced any of those issues with my 2012 Tiger 800XC. And I have 40,000 miles on it. I ride nearly everyday, even with the corona virus restrictions.

I did install highway pegs on the engine crash bars to stretch out on long trips. However I have ridden standard bikes all of my life. I have ridden cruisers; but I do not like the feet forward position and it hurt my back.

brooke

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 21:10
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Been comfy for me . I had hiway pegs and took them off . Do some 12 hour days occasionally and find seating position perfect . Standing on the balls of you feet can really allow a good calf stretch .

Rwanamak

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
Tiger 800
Hi Everyone! I am curious to ask the forum... Has anyone experienced Hip, groin and/or leg issues on their Tiger 800? I bought my tiger back in October after switching from a low Harley style bike. I Absolutely Love my Tiger. Thing is, I also developed some Hip flexor issues somewhere thereafter and am curious if this is just me. I have noticed lately, now that I am aware, that the position of the foot pegs does seem to line up with some of my muscle pain issues. I do use the standing position quite regularly... Which absolutely does pull on those hip flexors real good. Either way, Thanks for listening... Let me know!
Ride a 19 xrt. At 66 I have no issues riding long distances. No bike is perfect for everyone. There is some adjustability in the tiger, so see if some seat, bar changes can help.

judzon

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
First Name
Judzon
My Ride
Triumph Tiger 800 XCX +
This was NOT an issue w the bike... this was a musculoskeletal issue! Just so you know! All better now! J.

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 63 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Glad to hear you are better now. TUP

ST890

Riding for 38 Years
Local time
First Name
Charles
My Ride
2014 Tiger 800xc
I've never experienced an issue with my 800XC. I rode many a year on a Wide Glide before moving to strictly off-road on a KTM and now on the XC. I have thought about installing some highway pegs to allow stretching out on long rides but haven't done so yet.
I have bolt-on highway pegs on my engine guard. I use them often by either putting my boots on them or set the cruise, put my legs on them and stretch out.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom