Horn relay

Boberto2

Local time
Today, 19:30
First Name
Bob
My Ride
Triumph Bonneville America
Hi could someone tell me where the horn relay is for a Triumph Bonneville America 2006 is?

IF (big if) there is a relay for the horn, the first place to check is under your seat where the fuses and relays should be. Secondly, check under the side covers on either side of the seat. Lastly, check the frame, near where the horn is mounted.

If you don't have one, here is a link to get an owner's manual for the America and the Speedmaster:

Speedmaster owners manual

You can also try and unhook wiring from horn, turn key on and press horn button. You will find the relay that way by listening for the clicking noise. If it has a relay.

Please let us know where the relay is.

My 2008 apparently does not have a separate horn relay. The 4 turn signals, rear break light and horn are all on the same fuse which in turn feeds to the turn signal relay.

My 2008 apparently does not have a separate horn relay. The 4 turn signals, rear break light and horn are all on the same fuse which in turn feeds to the turn signal relay.
Yes I don't think that there is a relay my 2006 , the horn power feed taps off the same feed for turn indicaters , brake light and I have had problems a blown fuse 5 amp ,i think because the horn is drawing to much power witch is design fault because the horn has it's own 10 amp fuse, shall take a feed from the battery with inline 10 amp fuse and remove existing power feed to the horn.

Thanks. My 2008 fuse for this circuit is 10 A.

About to fit two new snail type horns to my Speedmaster to replace pathetic original one & have bought pre wired relay which has fuse & all connectors from ebay. Was cheap & should give horns more oomph. Just got to make sturdy brackets for the horns. Will do on a free day sometime in the near future. Will post results.

Fitted horns & relay. Still sounds pathetic & weak. Have sprayed switch & all connections. Good sound just weak. Ordered some genuine Hella snail horns & they are the same. Has me stumped.

I have replaced my horns on my 2008 Bonneville T100 and my 1995 Thunderbird with this: 110db upgraded Horn. In both cases, the change was easy and appreciable.

I replaced the horn on my 2012 Bonneville T100 with the Denali Soundbomb Compact Air Horn.
I got it with the wiring kit, and it was a very easy installation. The darn thing is so loud it actually makes your ears hurt! It sounds like a freight train or an 18 wheeler even at road speed at high revs. I have been forbidden by the Lady of the House (and the dog!) from testing it anywhere near the house!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom