How Far Have You Gone On Your Scrambler?

pjamesb80

Local time
Today, 10:48
My Ride
'12 Tiger 800XC - Orange
Okay, where, how far, and for how long? What modifications made the trip more enjoyable? :smile:

My longest trip was a weekend trip from Central Maryland to the Northern Neck of Virginia. It took a weekend and was about 500 miles round trip.

I've ridden further on my R1150RT but I haven't made a serious journey on the Scrambler yet.

I have made several one way trips of 600 miles+ on the Bonnie. By the time I got back home I had ridden over 2200 miles.

Ok I have never had a Triumph scrambler but when I had my Yamaha I did trips of over 1000km around 600 mile . Oh and this was a 360 two stroke :y114:

When I bought my Scram I had it delivered to my sister's house in the UK. I then rode to my other sister's house in France and then across France and across Germany to get it home. 2000 miles in 4 days, bone stock apart from TORs and comfy as hell.

2200km in two days on a Honda CL450,(it looked a bit like a Bonneville Scrambler),but that was many many years ago when I didn't have anything better to do.

1260 miles in two days on my T100. I bow to Bobbo- good show. :y115:

In March I took the Scrambler 1800 miles in 4 days. Maryland to Green Cove Springs, Florida to see my brother.

The bike was flawless but my arse was getting sore on the third and fourth day. I wouldn't hesitate to take this bike anywhere. :ya2:

Darn, I wish I knew you were down this way. I would have ridden up to meet you. That is a good ride you did and better than 400 miles per day. Outstanding. :y115:

Just got back from another 2000 mile 5 day trip. This time down through Austria, Südtirol, couple of days around Lake Garda (Italy) up to Lugano in Switzerland, over to Bonneville in France and on to Geneva, then back across Switzerland, through Austria and up through Bavaria and home. Lovely.

That is my kind of trip! I am :y154: :y115:

well done
thats a trip and a half
:y18:

[quote author=CarlS link=topic=5415.msg46001#msg46001 date=1270691098]
Darn, I wish I knew you were down this way. I would have ridden up to meet you. That is a good ride you did and better than 400 miles per day. Outstanding. :y115:
[/quote]

Thanks Carl. I wasn't there very long. My youngest brother, my brother in law, and myself try and get down there every winter. We usually take two days down and two days back. We try and spend one day there to spend some time with another brother and to see the sights. It's a nice break from winter.

I enjoyed the trip but that was a long way to go on a Scrambler. I sold my R1150RT and picked up the K1200LT. I might have to take the 'LT next year.

Pat

Be sure to let me know when you are coming. I would enjoy meeting you.

Longest on the Tiger was Big Pine Key Fl. to Mobile AL. 870 miles each way for 1740 round trip. 870 runs up and back where each done in 1 day each........one LOOOONG day! lol. 3 day family visit in between.
Hope more like that are in the not to distant future. :y2:

Not a Scrambler but........thought I would contribute.

And I am looking forward to it!!! TUP

SidecarSallysmall.jpg

Next summer I am riding from BC to Florida and back.
And not taking the shortest route either.
That is going to be a fun ride.
I was originally turning back at Baltimore, but found a reason to go onto Florida and visit some OLD guy that lives there.

Keep away from the old blokes, the all have "SSS" (same story syndrome).
What was that, oh I've already used that one have I.:y16:

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom