munga

Riding for 40 Years
Local time
Today, 11:20
First Name
Steven
My Ride
1200 XE
Hi all, let me start off with some background. OK so 1200 XE what a wonderful thing, when I fist got it most commented "Jeez he wont get that dirty" now all I get is "clean that bloody thing will you!" which brings me to my next gripe! "ADVENTURE" yes it say's Scrambler on the side I know,(I can read) but most Adventure bikes have NO class at all, none what so ever, so I give you the 1200 XE Adventure (scrambler). Stay with me here hold on I know this is a bit of a stretch for many and this will overwhelm some so hold on take it easy, keep it together mate, I'm getting there, BUT some people consider Honda Postie bikes "adventure bikes" and travel the world on these little Honda CT90? and have made good money publishing their ADVENTURE into a book!. so why not 1200 XE adventure! (rhetorical question).

Anyway this is a long Segway to what I really want to discuss and that is why hasn't anyone made a single exhaust (two into one) for my 1200 XE that DOESN'T cost drug money! You know like the Africa Twin or the GS 850? and don't give me any rubbish like "OH you cannot adventurise an XE"(well you can) or "you've already spent thousands on your current system"(actually it came with the bike). The fact is the current crop of exhaust manufacturers are asking for DRUG MONEY for there wares so how come were paying $2000-$3000 for an exhaust system for a motor bike when car owners pay a fraction of this for an entire system for the car? I really don't get it and I think many feel the same. MIKE DROP!

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 22:20
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Supply and demand.
Oh, I'm a firm believer that the Scrambler was and is a great option to an "adventure bike".
Install all the necessary hardware to carry your stuff and tires and away ya go. I'm sure it would be just as good off road as many so called adventure bikes, maybe even better.

JackRobbin

Local time
Yesterday, 18:20
First Name
Jack
My Ride
Honda CB 1100
Supply and demand.
Oh, I'm a firm believer that the Scrambler was and is a great option to an "adventure bike".
Install all the necessary hardware to carry your stuff and tires and away ya go. I'm sure it would be just as good off road as many so called adventure bikes, maybe even better.
Which model do you suggest as a travel bike for scrambler?

munga

Riding for 40 Years
Local time
Today, 11:20
First Name
Steven
My Ride
1200 XE
Which model do you suggest as a travel bike for scrambler?
Either, I’d suggest, I’ve the XE version as that was the only offering where I live at that point in time and it’s a little to tall for me but in not complaining because I feel it is a far superior version to the XC in my eyes

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom