I need some help please

Johnnyveee

Local time
Today, 14:32
First Name
John
My Ride
Multiple bikes , boats, and 4 wheeled vehicles
I got a call from an old customer of mine and he has not had his 900 Adventurer running in 5 years, first red flag.

Had the carbs off twice, cleaned and replaced, still wasn't getting fuel, had the carbs dipped. Bike would run as long as you covered the airbox with your hand. Wouldn't run with the secondary airbox attached unless you again, cover the inlet pipe with your hand. Pulled the airbox and the filter was pretty gummy so of course the only way to get around that was a new airbox, same with the rear airbox that was deteriorated to nothing inside. I also order new boots and clamps that go to the carburetors.

My question is the full kit came with additional rings that I am thinking go around the inside of the boot. When I first pulled apart this bike these parts were not in there and the boots that attach to the carburetors were pretty buggered up to say the least.

Please help me with the correct placement of those rings. This thing has been a pain in the butt and I want it out of my shop.

Thank you in advance

That's a shame that he let a very good bike become a money pit.

Maybe GrandPaul can help you with this.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom