Stagn8

Local time
Today, 03:14
First Name
Keith Watson
My Ride
Triumph Thunderbird 900
Hello all,

I am looking forward to getting my 2002 Thunderbird in a week or so, it has most of what i want already fitted but I am keen on getting a screen. I see there are a few available and was wondering what is popular, looks as well as functionality. What I would really like is a genuine Triumph Tourer one but I believe they are as rare as hens teeth, unless. of course , you know different! :y2:

Don't forget I am in the UK which restricts choice a bit, love to have some opinion ( I am 6' tall, I know it makes a difference!!).

Thanks

Keith

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 46 Years
Administrator
Local time
Today, 05:14
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Well by the looks of it they don't come cheap at all. Fitting a screen is always a hard one as you will only really know if it works for you once you ride with it. It also depends on your hight and what type of experience you looking at getting out of it. Mostly the Thunderbird screens are the more upright types and I have not really been into that style myself. Thunderbird Screens

I like the style they make for the Storm but am not sure if it would fit Dart Screen

storm_2_main.jpg

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 22:14
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Windscreens are very subjective. In addition to your height and riding position, your helmet shape comes into play. Also your expectations of what you want a windscreen to do influences you. A wind screen that pleases me may not please you at all.

Mad On Triumphs

1995 Thunderbird
Riding for 43 Years
Local time
First Name
Garry
My Ride
1995 Thunderbird 900

Stagn8

Local time
First Name
Keith Watson
My Ride
Triumph Thunderbird 900
Thanks for the replies guys, sorry not been on sooner but have been away.

Did around 150 miles last weekend and really enjoyed the power and torque, last bike was Tiger 1050 so was surprised just how well this 'cruiser' goes. Really impressed, i am sure it has more than 70bhp!!

I found that naked up to around 55mph was OK but after that started to get uncomfortable.....I am looking at finding a s/hand OEM as it looks the part for a cruiser.

They get a lot of interest don't they, even had a Harley Tractor driver hveing a sneakey look.

Keith

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 22:14
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Glad you got a good ride in. The T-Birds are fine bikes definitely attract attention - as does most any Triumph. I agree with you that anything much or 55 mph gets uncomfortable with out a screen. I put Wind screens on both of my Bonnies and up graded the one that come on my Tiger 800XC. I do a lot of distance riding and, for me, a screen is essential. I don't mind the wind; I just want the wind pressure off of my chest.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom