Raffi

Riding for 3 Months
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
First Name
Raffi
My Ride
2014 Scrambler
I recently bough a '14 Scrambler. It came with a modified seat/AltRider luggage rack- here it is (with a disc-lock pouch strapped to it):

IMG_0450.PNG

I love the look and utility of the rack and want to keep it, but I'm certain I'm going to want to take a passenger at some point as well. I've checked with AltRider and they say their racks can handle the weight of a person, so I'm trying to find a pillion seat that will easily attach to the rack when needed, come off easily when not- best of both worlds. Anyone seen anything like this before? Having no luck finding something on-line, which surprised me- seems like a no-brainer. Am I just going to have to fabricate a mount for the AltRider rack and attach that to a generic pillion seat?

Thanks in advance!

Raffi

triumph david

Riding for 60 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 21:34
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
R, duck tape a stadium pillow seat to it and advertise for a good looking blond test rider.

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 23:34
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Can you replace the setup you have with a stock seat for the times you want to carry a pillion? Revert back when it's not required. You may be able to find a stock seat on Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist, etc or some other buy/sell site. Can you find the original owner? Maybe they had it collecting dust somewhere.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom