Idling Too Low?

Laura, we all learn more every time we ride. It is great to hear you are getting the idle dialed in. Nice work. These engines are very cold natured. It takes a while for them to get properly warmed up and in cooler weather it takes longer. Ride and enjoy that T100.

Laura, we all learn more every time we ride. It is great to hear you are getting the idle dialed in. Nice work. These engines are very cold natured. It takes a while for them to get properly warmed up and in cooler weather it takes longer. Ride and enjoy that T100.
If my T100 (factory stock) sits for a few days or a week, it's sometimes a bear to get started. It will run on 1 1/2 cylinders for a short while until both cylinders catch and then it takes quite a while to warm up so I can close the choke all the way.
But it doesn't always start that way. It did surprise me last spring when I wheeled it out of the warm basement and started right up with no fuss. These bikes are jetted lean so you just have to learn what they like.
My bike idles at 1100 rpm and runs fine after it's warmed up.

Funny, I've never had any issues with my T100's idling, choke etc.
The exhaust pipe emissions are very strict over here. Maybe they're less so for your market.

As soon as I learned mine, I had no problems either. And I have put over 70,000 miles on two T100's.

Great advice everyone. There are no mods on the bike. The PO told me that when I was looking at the bike. Bear with me. I'll catch up to y'all .

Cool,wont be long and we'll have you swappimg out those pipes and filter and getting rid of that awful air injection system, and rejetting those carbs and youll be one of the boys.:y2:

Cool,wont be long and we'll have you swappimg out those pipes and filter and getting rid of that awful air injection system, and rejetting those carbs and youll be one of the boys.:y2:

BGRIN TUP

Pity you're so far away,I'd happily do the mods for you!

Looks like you may have sorted the issue out, well done TUP

So, I keep playing around with the idle and the choke, trying to find that sweet spot where it idles around 900-1000 rpms. No luck yet. If it runs that low, it still feels like it may stall or stutters a bit. Feels great idling at 1300-1400 rpms. I know that is not ideal. Anything else I should be looking at doing toget her running perfectly?

Hello, Old thread but just came across it.

I have a 2016 aircooled T100. I set my idle at 1300-1400 RPMs to help with low speed cornering and low speed maneuvering.

When I go around a corner at low speeds I can roll onto the throttle more smoothly with the high idle. Did you notice that too?

Also, have you had any problems associated with setting the idle at 1300-1400?

Thanks,

Sslots

I love old threads with tidbits of good info!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom