MrPJ1751

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 22:52
First Name
James
My Ride
2000 Triumph Thunderbird
the igniter for this year has 3 parts based on the vin.
T1290069 is the part number for my bike It is a fairly large box.
Does anyone have one of these or know where to get one as all the OEM supply chains are empty.
Has anyone else had issues with this?
Is it possible or how difficult is it to use the newer part# on the Higher Vins for this bike?

Gogreen

Riding for 47 Years
Local time
Today, 03:52
First Name
Phil
My Ride
Thunderbird Sport; T140D
There are 2 very different looking boxes, my 2000 Tbird had the slim one which works OK but was changed by the previous owner. They both have the same plug but I am unable to confirm if the ignition curves are the same.
I'm now running the Czech aftermarket unit which also works fine.

turkpet

Local time
Today, 04:52
First Name
Peter
My Ride
thunderbird 900
Hi
In case of need a new igniter, there is a small company Ignitech in Czech rep. (Electronic for motorbikes - IgniTech Přelouč) dealing with units - just let them know the bike specifiction.They send it set just for your bike. There is a thread on triumphrat forum, where you can download improved setting... I have one bought last year , when I thought my stock igniter had gone, but it hadnt, so now I have it just in case and to play with while setting iddle mixture to see rpm.(on notebook you can see your rpm, change advance diagram..but as I mentioned I downloaded from triumphrat forum final seting ), you get it with a right connector just to push in and ride. Price (if I remember ) not more then 150 Euro)

triumph david

Riding for 60 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 21:52
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
Just wondering does this part go bad very often?

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom