Riding for 44 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 13:08
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
ye me thinks that's why the gaiters were put on, to hide the leaky fork seals to get it through the mot (an old trick )

smoker

Local time
Today, 13:08
My Ride
Trophy 900 1997
ye me thinks that's why the gaiters were put on, to hide the leaky fork seals to get it through the mot (an old trick )
You're probably right there. I can't think why the forks behave so well though, especially under heavy braking. Investigations must be made ...

The Seeker

Thunderbird
Local time
Today, 08:08
First Name
AJ Turner
My Ride
1996 Triumph Trophy 1200
You're probably right there. I can't think why the forks behave so well though, especially under heavy braking. Investigations must be made ...
It's rare that you say the forks behave well under heavy braking since a common complaint about the stock Trophy forks is severe dive under braking.

I had one side leaking at one time and I really couldn't feel anything strange.....so it could be the other side is just making up for it.

I know it can be done of course, but for all the trouble involved in putting fork gaiters on the tubes to hide a leak, you may as well just replace the seals!

Posted with TapaTalk

dearborn

Local time
Today, 08:08
First Name
Doug
My Ride
1996 Thunderbird, 1975(ish) Norton Commando
"98 is when changes were made to USA spec bikes. Great interchangeability across models before that. And yes, I would absolutely recommend replacing an unknown condition sprag while an engine is out- good insurance- money well spent.
On parts availability; UK supply seems light years better than here in USA for the triples. So, order parts from UK?- shipping from UK/EU is sometimes astronomical, so it's often down to EBay "good used"

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom