Introduce yourself and your classic bike(s) - with photos!

Welcome.

This section is mainly dedicated to the classic (Coventry & Meriden) Triumphs. Hope you enjoy it and get yourself a nice one!

its 25 years old, paul. that means its a dinosaur in here with us these days. the modern stuff has left it behind as well.

we're in an age where change moves fazter than we all can keep up with

Welcome.

This section is mainly dedicated to the classic (Coventry & Meriden) Triumphs. Hope you enjoy it and get yourself a nice one!
I thought this was Triumph talk show your classics.

welcome aboard, bud

what's the deal with your first daytona?

welcome aboard, bud

what's the deal with your first daytona?
It would stall on tick over and make a little ka ching noise then one day it made a very loud KERCHING then wouldn't start I had to bump start to get it home and it ran like a bag of nails. Dunno what happened in side her but it doesn't sound cheap.

its 25 years old, paul. that means its a dinosaur in here with us these days. the modern stuff has left it behind as well.

we're in an age where change moves fazter than we all can keep up with
I know, but it seems so weird to me that my ZRX Kawasaki is considered a "classic".

In my mind, my 1980 KZ1000 wasn't even a classic. I mean, triple discs, electronic ignition, wet clutch...

...well, it did still have a kickstarter...

It would stall on tick over and make a little ka ching noise then one day it made a very loud KERCHING then wouldn't start I had to bump start to get it home and it ran like a bag of nails. Dunno what happened in side her but it doesn't sound cheap.

offhand it sounds like the classic timing chain and sprockets wearing out and then skipping a tooth to run retarded. dunno how often that problem surfaces with your machine. how many miles on it?

or the cam chain tensioner itself could have gone south.

retarding the valve timing will cause the motor to be low on power, may not even start. the noise won't be any better.

Last edited:
I know, but it seems so weird to me that my ZRX Kawasaki is considered a "classic".

In my mind, my 1980 KZ1000 wasn't even a classic. I mean, triple discs, electronic ignition, wet clutch...

...well, it did still have a kickstarter...

you're old, paul. so am i

not even by a little. when that kawasaki was built keith richards looked s young.

1970 Suzuki TS90

Attachments

• zuk90.jpg
    zuk90.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 3
you're old, paul. so am i

not even by a little. when that kawasaki was built keith richards looked s young.
Keith Richards never looked young, even when Ann Richards was young!

lol

d5632bcb4bd729c75029e2b9e16d8dfe.jpg

i admit it took some looking to find this

hmmm

i also follow the Old Ways

i ride a 72 bonneville, 1965 LSR bonneville (441 BSA) (Norton Commando) (pair of 650 BSAs) (Ninja) (Buell) (other classic Triumph and others)
Hadn't seen all your stuff before; nifty...

Hadn't seen all your stuff before; nifty...
you still havent seen it all. theres some junk and beaters

but thats your victor in there

you still havent seen it all. theres some junk and beaters

but thats your victor in there
I wouldn't have remembered!

I lose track of who's who, on which forums, different usernames, etc. I've sold 3 complete BSA 441s; although if they were all lined up, I could tell one from the other pretty easily.

I for one would be interested in hearing about the projects and basket cases...

Greetings from SE PA. My name is Tom, and live in the Philly area. My everyday bike is a 75/6 BMW, and my not-so-everyday bike is a '75 T160 Trident. I've had it for 30 years, with my brother-in-law being the original owner. It's currently got 2,400 miles on it, and other than a Tri-Spark Classic ignition and a T150 air filter it's completely original, including the tires and paint. It's been in museums, a concours d'elegance, and a ton of shows but I think it's time to just start riding it. I know "it's only original once", but it's too good of a motorcycle to just sit there 99.9% of the time. Over the winter I'm thinking about putting on new tires, brake pads and shocks, and start using it like Triumph intended.
Trident 1.jpgTrident 2.jpg

Gorgeous bike! I grew up just up the road from you in Skippack/Center Square area.

Gorgeous bike! I grew up just up the road from you in Skippack/Center Square area.
That closeup photo was taken at the Skippack show a couple of years ago.

Greetings from SE PA. My name is Tom, and live in the Philly area. My everyday bike is a 75/6 BMW, and my not-so-everyday bike is a '75 T160 Trident... Over the winter I'm thinking about putting on new tires, brake pads and shocks, and start using it like Triumph intended.
That sounds like a proper plan. I had that bike's near twin, but it was never that shiny. Gotta love the mechanical banshee howl when it comes up on the cams...
064-75TRI.JPG

Howdy from Central Texas.

1978 T140E, 1st of the E's with Amal Mk II's but still positive earth, was imported back to England from the states around 1990.

Attachments

• 20210531_152728.jpg
    20210531_152728.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20180929_105218.jpg
    20180929_105218.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 6
1978 T140E, 1st of the E's with Amal Mk II's but still positive earth, was imported back to England from the states around 1990.
I re-commissioned an almost identical '79 a few years bike. Very nice bike.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom