JIS Screwdriver

frankster

Riding for 7 Months
Local time
Today, 13:26
My Ride
2003 America
Does anyone know the size of the JIS screwdriver needed for the front master cylinder on a 2003 America?

243jimb

Riding for 3 Years
Local time
Today, 11:26
First Name
Jim
My Ride
2002 Bonneville
Does anyone know the size of the JIS screwdriver needed for the front master cylinder on a 2003 America?
It will be a No.2. If you can find the countersunk Allen headed screws in stainless, they are much easier to remove.

Jim.

frankster

Riding for 7 Months
Local time
My Ride
2003 America
It will be a No.2. If you can find the countersunk Allen headed screws in stainless, they are much easier to remove.

Jim.
Hi Jim, thanks for the info on the screwdriver. The master cylinder housing (on mine) is cast aluminum (I think). Aluminum and stainless steel have very bad electrolytic reactions to each other that results in the destruction of the aluminum. Best to avoid the stainless steel.

243jimb

Riding for 3 Years
Local time
Today, 11:26
First Name
Jim
My Ride
2002 Bonneville
If you use the silver anti-seize compound there isn't an issue, but if you're happy with the JIS screws that's OK too.
I replaced all the screws and bolts on my 2002 with Stainless a few years ago and I've never had a problem since.
You can find the JIS drivers on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Jim.

frankster

Riding for 7 Months
Local time
My Ride
2003 America
If you use the silver anti-seize compound there isn't an issue, but if you're happy with the JIS screws that's OK too.
I replaced all the screws and bolts on my 2002 with Stainless a few years ago and I've never had a problem since.
You can find the JIS drivers on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Jim.
Thanks for the help Jim.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom