Just Fitted - Black Thruxton 1200 With Café Racer Fairing

Waffoo

Local time
Today, 06:42
First Name
Craig
My Ride
2016 Triumph Thruxton, Black, Café Racer Fairing, Lowered clip-ons, heated grips
Newly-faired black Thruxton 1200 following 1st service. Also, lower clip-ons, heated grips and tank strap. To come: LED indicators, seat swap. Not seen many (any?) standard black Thruxtons with the café Racer fairing - either I have appalling taste or everyone's buying the fairing for the R!image.jpeg
image.jpeg

NICE BIKE !!!!!!!! the faring looks very nice BBEER

I love the fairing and admire your taste,can see the led thing as well.
I smiled when I read about the lower clip ons,when I used my pals Thruxton some years ago my only comment was" love the bike but would be better with slightly higher bars"
Well I was an old git with achy bones even then!!What did Triumph and Wayde do,put on higher bars haha but see why you did it.

Sharp looking ride.
The fairing really brings out the nostalgic look.

I can only say what I said on the Triumph forum.
upload_2016-6-19_19-45-40.jpeg upload_2016-6-19_19-46-13.jpeg It looks brilliant.

Love your setup with the fairing and the lowered bars. I have the same bike and want to do the same. I feel the stock bar position is not aggressive enough for a thruxton.
Can you where you got the bars and fairing from and if there are any issues with installation?
Thanks!

One of the mods I want to eventually do on my Thruxton 900 is an aluminum fairing similar to the OP.

Love your setup with the fairing and the lowered bars. I have the same bike and want to do the same. I feel the stock bar position is not aggressive enough for a thruxton.
Can you where you got the bars and fairing from and if there are any issues with installation?
Thanks!
Waffoo hasn't been seen since July 2016 so doubt you'll hear from him.
Pretty sure the fairing is the Triumph one so fitting should be smooth. Can't help with the handlebars.

Waffoo hasn't been seen since July 2016 so doubt you'll hear from him.
Pretty sure the fairing is the Triumph one so fitting should be smooth. Can't help with the handlebars.
Yeah. That's a dated post indeed. I'll look into the faring from Triumph and reach out to them for advice on the bars. Thanks!

Newly-faired black Thruxton 1200 following 1st service. Also, lower clip-ons, heated grips and tank strap. To come: LED indicators, seat swap. Not seen many (any?) standard black Thruxtons with the café Racer fairing - either I have appalling taste or everyone's buying the fairing for the R!View attachment 36225
View attachment 36226
Have a silver 17 Thruxton R. These Thruxtons look SO fine with this fairing! Awesome bikes to ride and look at.

Newly-faired black Thruxton 1200 following 1st service. Also, lower clip-ons, heated grips and tank strap. To come: LED indicators, seat swap. Not seen many (any?) standard black Thruxtons with the café Racer fairing - either I have appalling taste or everyone's buying the fairing for the R!View attachment 36225
View attachment 36226
Nice, like the tank strap. Added the fairing to my 2017 Thruxton R not an easy task solo.

I saw a 2017 diablo red Thruxton 1200 r with red fairing and many classy mods. Gorgeous. I got a good deal on a new 2020 rs. Not happy with the matte gray ,silver tank and tail so I used the inspiration of the red r and got a diablo red tank and tail and fairing. Also ordered the rear fender eliminator. In the process of assembling now. That fairing install and low bars is a real chore. Good instructions and videos though. Next project will be installing a thruxton fairing on my Norton 961. Should be challenging. Gotta love these Thruxtons. The rs is a wheelie machine.

View attachment 36226
Added one to each of my Thruxton R’s a silver-16 and a Matte Black-17, not an easy task the first time. I like the tank strap, maybe I’ll add one while I wait out the sno.

SweeeeeT looking ride!

I saw a 2017 diablo red Thruxton 1200 r with red fairing and many classy mods. Gorgeous. I got a good deal on a new 2020 rs. Not happy with the matte gray ,silver tank and tail so I used the inspiration of the red r and got a diablo red tank and tail and fairing. Also ordered the rear fender eliminator. In the process of assembling now. That fairing install and low bars is a real chore. Good instructions and videos though. Next project will be installing a thruxton fairing on my Norton 961. Should be challenging. Gotta love these Thruxtons. The rs is a wheelie machine.
What do you think of the Norton as a long time Commando rider along with a 650SS, I committed a capital offense when I bought the my first Thruxton in 2012. Most of the reviews of the Norton enumerated some issues, of course lousy warranty coverage and a previous owner who seemed sketchy. The $20,000+ price tag seemed a bit much, but I’ve never seen one up close.

View attachment 36226

What do you think of the Norton as a long time Commando rider along with a 650SS, I committed a capital offense when I bought the my first Thruxton in 2012. Most of the reviews of the Norton enumerated some issues, of course lousy warranty coverage and a previous owner who seemed sketchy. The $20,000+ price tag seemed a bit much, but I’ve never seen one up close.
I bought my 961 commando in 2017. It was a 2015 that had 1000 miles as the cycle world magazine test bike, and as a demo in the now defunct South Bay Cycles. They consigned it to the Norton dealer in Westminster Ca. I ended up paying $12,900 for it. It's a gorgeous bike with mostly Brit made parts and hand assembled in England. The commandos were the retro bike and the V4 and Atlas were to be the modern designs. The owner lived lavishly and spent pension funds that weren't his to spend. The company went into receivership and was bought by TVS, a company in India with production about to begin now. Anyway the 961 has problems but is a blast to ride. Adequate power at a claimed 80bhp. Top speed 130. Handles well with good frame, Ohlin and Brembo. My alternator stator came loose and was flipping around in the case. They have raunchy clutches and I need to inspect mine. I understand they also come loose. Some other minor problems with mine. There are currently no USA Norton dealers. Mine sat in the shop under warranty for 6 months when there were. I am a Norton guy. I have 2 old commandos and 2 atlases. You really need to love Nortons to want one of the 2010-2020s. I suspect the India company will do a good job with Norton as they are well financed and have a good reputation. They will continue the Commando and develope more modern Nortons and a V4 race program. Overall I enjoy mine and appreciate that someone took the effort to start from scratch and revive the brand. Thanks for your comment and ride safely.

Norton 961. Aftermarket bags. Pending Thruxton fairing.

Attachments

• 20211023_110911.jpg
    20211023_110911.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 7
Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom