Firework

Riding for 47 Years
Local time
Today, 06:02
First Name
Fred
My Ride
Thunderbird Sport
I have bad pitting on the emulsion tubes/ main jet holders of my CVK36 carbs on the Thunderbird sport. I would like to replace them all along with new size 98 main jets but I am having problems finding the correct emulsion tubes listed in the UK. It appears that there are different sized threads in the tube depending on the size of the main jet to be fitted. The Suzuki Bandit has CVK34 carbs with similar looking emulsion tubes but I do not know if the thread sizes and length of the tube is the same as for the Triumphs. Harley's use CVK40s with larger main jets but again, I do not know if they will be OK in the CVK36s Anyone steer me in the right direction to get my hands on a set of these tubes of the correct length and thread sizes please?

sikatri

Local time
Today, 00:02
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
Are you looking for factory parts or changing a jet size? Not familiar with your model, but curious as to what you want to do.

Firework

Riding for 47 Years
Local time
Today, 06:02
First Name
Fred
My Ride
Thunderbird Sport
Are you looking for factory parts or changing a jet size? Not familiar with your model, but curious as to what you want to do.
I was looking for factory parts. I found the correct #38 pilot jet and #98 main jet. Had to go with a 14 hole emulsion tube rather than the original 12 hole. Hopefully sorted now as have got the carbs rebuilt but will be a few more weeks before I can try to run the bike up.

sikatri

Local time
Today, 00:02
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
I was looking for factory parts. I found the correct #38 pilot jet and #98 main jet. Had to go with a 14 hole emulsion tube rather than the original 12 hole. Hopefully sorted now as have got the carbs rebuilt but will be a few more weeks before I can try to run the bike up.
Let us know how it works. Post pics too!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom