Leak by slave cylinder

mgwood80

Local time
Today, 12:52
First Name
mike
My Ride
1999 triumph adventurer
I have a leak coming off the slave cylinder, i replaced the slave cylinder all brand new and after i get done riding it it leaks for q few minunites and then stops does anybody have an idea where it might be coming from? after a while it leaves my kickstand all greasy and cant tell where its coming from? anybody have simular problem?

Did you read my last reply to your other post titled "Oil Leak"?

Posted with TapaTalk

Yes I did, I replaced with new piston seal, and it seems to maybe running from a different location and dripping of of the slave cylinder

Is the bleeder leaking?

Posted with TapaTalk

No it is not its dry, I replaced the slave cylinder and seals all new, just wondering is there a location near buy that would leak oil or brake fluid that might run and drip off slave cylinder...

No....just the brake fluid lines that operate the slave cylinder.

You may have not gotten the slave cylinder seal replacement wrong???

Posted with TapaTalk

Is it possible, the seal on the push rod is bad? I pretty sure its right, a friend of mine did it with the hanesHaynes manual

Did you remove the pushrod? You can leave that in place.

Anything is possible of course and without being able to see anything makes it hard to diagnose.

The other thing is if the bore that the piston slides in is scored/corroded.

Posted with TapaTalk

no the pushrod did not get removed, and the piston is new along with seal and slave cylinder, so im gonna have to take a look at it this weekend! and see if i need a new seal for pushrod...

Did you make sure the piston's seal was facing the right direction? It's profile is kind of flared if I remember correctly.

Just throwing out things that could go wrong with a overhaul of the slave cylinder???

Posted with TapaTalk

Did you make sure the piston's seal was facing the right direction? It's profile is kind of flared if I remember correctly.

Just throwing out things that could go wrong with a overhaul of the slave cylinder???

Posted with TapaTalk
Found this on my 95’ Sprint 900 while taking all the side covers, slave cylinder, and the fill and sprocket cover to paint because of Florida salt corrosion not be addressed by the previous two owners. I could see an oil leak below the clutch push rod. I ordered a pushrod seal, replaced it and reversed the pushrod. The pushrod did show minimum wear where it rested in the seal. I used light oil to install the rod and there was more resistance compared to the old seal. This got me looking at my 99’ Adventurer 900 and there’s a weep hole under the slave cylinder and I have a small amount of oil that blew back on the motor so I’ll change that pushrod seal and reverse the pushrod. I’ll go ahead and rebuild the slave cylinder also.
The pushrod should measure 8mm. If your mic or calipers measures in thousandths, take the reading and multiply it by .03937 and that tells what it is in millimeters. If previous owners reverse the pushrod and both areas of seal contact shows wear, if you replace it, ask about tolerances. 1 or 2 thousandths larger is better than 1 or 2 smaller. This is just my opinion and I welcome input.

Posted with TapaTalk
I didn’t rebuild the slave cylinder. I replaced the clutch pushrod seal and reversed the rod. I’ll keep an eye out for any oil still leaking.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom