Staff
Local time
Today, 04:13
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Riding Since
Went for a nice ride to the seaside town of St Andrew's by the Sea today, It's a tourist destination, but very scenic and the roads there are varied and twisty.20230522_125305[1].jpg
One of my favourite pitstops. Old bridge next to the new one, Beautiful stream running.
20230522_140100[1].jpg20230522_140117[1].jpg
Stopped here and ate lunch just outside of town. (less people), nice ocean fron view, and NO BUGS!
20230522_141344[1].jpg
20230522_141350[1].jpg
20230522_141407[1].jpg
This is the spot where you can drive/ride across the sandbar at low tide to get to Ministers Island. In the middle pic, you can see a massive restored barn and the small shack where you pay for the privilege of going on the Island.
This was the summer home of Sir William Van Horne William Cornelius Van Horne - Wikipedia, the architect behind the Canadian Pacific Railway and many other things too numerous to list.
The house which cannot be seen here is quite interesting to tour.

You had a wonderful day for such a ride!

Wow ! nice scenery and you had some fantastic weather as well TUP

Thanks for the travelogue . My buddies are getting a bit anxious so hopefully doing an inter provincial trip soon .

Brilliant. Great views indeed. The BBC just did a race across the world, and it was all based in Canada. I was watching it like a hawk.
Would love to ride across Canada. That would be a trip and a half.

Great shots TUP TUP
I've been there many times by car. Usually going to or from the US.

Would love to ride across Canada. That would be a trip and a half.
Well stop wasting you time on "The Continent" and come on over. We'll give ya the guided tour.
Rocky can cover Nova Scotia, Brooke can cover PEI, And I can cover NB. Newfoundland too if you're that adventurous.
Once you cross the Quebec border, you're on your own, unless someone else jumps in to give you the tour.

Well stop wasting you time on "The Continent" and come on over. We'll give ya the guided tour.
Rocky can cover Nova Scotia, Brooke can cover PEI, And I can cover NB. Newfoundland too if you're that adventurous.
Once you cross the Quebec border, you're on your own, unless someone else jumps in to give you the tour.
Love it. . Well believe it or not, but before covid hit, Pat and I, had planned a route from Toronto up north to Tobermory, then East towards Halifax. It was in the stages of being booked. I was going to surprise Rocky that I was going to see him on the way. It's now still on the bucket list. A really good friend of mine, who 28 years ago, moved to Ontario once said to me before he left, ' life's not a dress rehearsal, you get one shot at it'. Sadly he now has alzimers. So yes it's still on my to do list, and that's not just idel words.

My neighbour and riding buddy is from the Montreal area , fluently French so PQ is covered . From there the Yukon !

Love it. . Well believe it or not, but before covid hit, Pat and I, had planned a route from Toronto up north to Tobermory, then East towards Halifax. It was in the stages of being booked. I was going to surprise Rocky that I was going to see him on the way. It's now still on the bucket list. A really good friend of mine, who 28 years ago, moved to Ontario once said to me before he left, ' life's not a dress rehearsal, you get one shot at it'. Sadly he now has alzimers. So yes it's still on my to do list, and that's not just idel words.
Tobermory area is beautiful. Many, many things to see and enjoy from Ontario to Halifax.

Went there in 79, went through Alconquin national park as it was called back then, in September too, so you can just imagine the colours. That trip started my love affair with Canada, that still burns inside of me today. When I do so quizzes, I always include questions on Canada, just to educate people over here that it exists.

Went there in 79, went through Alconquin national park as it was called back then, in September too, so you can just imagine the colours. That trip started my love affair with Canada, that still burns inside of me today. When I do so quizzes, I always include questions on Canada, just to educate people over here that it exists.
I have been through Algonquin Park many times myself. All Ontario has such beautiful scenery when you get out of the big cities.

That is one gorgeous place
Thanks for the pics.

Went for a nice ride to the seaside town of St Andrew's by the Sea today, It's a tourist destination, but very scenic and the roads there are varied and twisty.View attachment 54679
One of my favourite pitstops. Old bridge next to the new one, Beautiful stream running.
View attachment 54680View attachment 54681
Stopped here and ate lunch just outside of town. (less people), nice ocean fron view, and NO BUGS!
View attachment 54682
View attachment 54683
View attachment 54684
This is the spot where you can drive/ride across the sandbar at low tide to get to Ministers Island. In the middle pic, you can see a massive restored barn and the small shack where you pay for the privilege of going on the Island.
This was the summer home of Sir William Van Horne William Cornelius Van Horne - Wikipedia, the architect behind the Canadian Pacific Railway and many other things too numerous to list.
The house which cannot be seen here is quite interesting to tour.
Wow! Super scenic route and the bike adds to the view!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom