Long distance Street Twin modifications.

Long-distance Street Twin ... modifications to make long-distance Moto camping possible on a budget With full camping, cooking etc. capability.

1 Heated grips
2 National cycle Touring windscreen
3 Bash plate
4 Rear rack
5 Shortened Front brake lever
6 Ram phone mount and charging cable
7 Nelson Rigg soft bags
8 Custom braces for soft bags
9 Center stand
10 Marsee Tank bag
11 Moto Fizz rear bag
12 Union jack kneepads
13 Electrical outlet for heated gear
14 Cramp buster throttle helper
15 1 1/2” risers under handle bars
16 Scrambler clutch cable
17 rerouted fr. brake line
18 adapted New braided brake line
19 Tek Bike parts De Cat X pipe

* #5 For California where lane splitting is permitted.

Wow, you're really loaded and ready to go TUP

The beauty of this set-up is it can become a naked bike in about 5 minutes. The bad part: You can be easily ripped off.
Sad but true I suppose - still a great rig TUP

Wow, that looks great! A few questions for you, please ---

(1) Is that rear bag close enough to you that you can lean back into it, to provide a little lower back support?

(2) And I'm interested in your 1-1/2" risers --- do you recall where you got them?

(3) Your 'electrical outlet' for heated gear -- is that a pigtail connection somewhere? I'm hoping you'll say, "Why no, SarahP, I have a 6-outlet 110 VAC power strip wired in on the side of the bike." And yeah, I'm only half-kidding here!!!

outlet small.jpg

ROFLMAO

Wow, that looks great! A few questions for you, please ---

(1) Is that rear bag close enough to you that you can lean back into it, to provide a little lower back support?

(2) And I'm interested in your 1-1/2" risers --- do you recall where you got them?

(3) Your 'electrical outlet' for heated gear -- is that a pigtail connection somewhere? I'm hoping you'll say, "Why no, SarahP, I have a 6-outlet 110 VAC power strip wired in on the side of the bike." And yeah, I'm only half-kidding here!!!

1.I moved my blue ground pad to the front of the rear bag to lean against. It works. A fully adjustable lower lumbar support. Without that, my long distance days would have to come to an end.
2. I had the risers made. They're from round stock with a hole through them to accomodate a 10mm bolt. Then replace the stock bolts with ones 1 1/2" longer. I use a Triumph Scrambler clutch cable. (about an inch longer) The brake line is the hard part. I cut my hard line way short then added a fitting to it and flaired the hard tubing. I connected a custom made braided brake line to my hard line.
3. About the power connector...I installed a female recepticle in the left side cover. (The plastic one) I hang my controller on my tank bag and it works well.

1.I moved my blue ground pad to the front of the rear bag to lean against. It works. A fully adjustable lower lumbar support. Without that, my long distance days would have to come to an end.
2. I had the risers made. They're from round stock with a hole through them to accomodate a 10mm bolt. Then replace the stock bolts with ones 1 1/2" longer. I use a Triumph Scrambler clutch cable. (about an inch longer) The brake line is the hard part. I cut my hard line way short then added a fitting to it and flaired the hard tubing. I connected a custom made braided brake line to my hard line.
3. About the power connector...I installed a female recepticle in the left side cover. (The plastic one) I hang my controller on my tank bag and it works well.

Wow, Hotshoe, you are the modding guru! All of your mods and tweaks sound perfect for your needs.

Where are you headed on your first road trip? (I may have missed this discussion in an earlier post, sorry if I did!)

Everything looks pretty tidy. How about a couple of close up pics of the bar risers and your power connector? Enquiring minds want to know.:D

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom