Looking at decatting a 1200 xca

Mick smith

Local time
Today, 01:56
First Name
Michael
My Ride
Triumph tirger xca 1200 2018co
Hi all , was looking for more sound out of the arrows can on my 1200 xca , so look at the decat pipe, but no you have to change the headers , has any one do so, and what did you do

Free Spirits Parts .com has the exhaust header sans cat . Not cheap but looks real nice . You probably should have done the header change first as it will likely increase performance way more than a muffler change . Sorry Brooke

Free Spirits Parts .com has the exhaust header sans cat . Not cheap but looks real nice . You probably should have done the header change first as it will likely increase performance way more than a muffler change . Sorry Brooke
No the can was on the bike from new , yes looked at free spirit €750

Did you removed the baffle from the Arrow can? I am assuming the baffle is removable as it is on the the Arrow can for the 800.

Did you removed the baffle from the Arrow can? I am assuming the baffle is removable as it is on the the Arrow can for the 800.
Yes looked down the can , its open all the way down ,just on line now looking at lextek

My baffle looked open when i Looked in the can. The baffle in the Arrow exhaust on the Tiger 800 had a small torques head screw in holding the baffle in, this screw had a tiny spot weld on as to be road legal. I used a tiny sharp chisel to crack the spot weld and then got a good fitting torque's bit in a big screwdriver and the screw came out. I then inserted the wooden handle of a hammer into the baffle end and wriggled up and down gently pulling back... slowly the baffle worked its way out.

Please note this is for the Arrow exhaust on Tiger 800 so yours could be different.

Last edited:
Have seen a video of someone gutting the original cat .

Doing so searching, I found this on YouTube. See if your Arrow looks like the one in this video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqqgDVYdR-I

i also found this video. Hope these help.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5gc3ozK5Mk
Tks for the vids , might look at doing that, but i am after getting a good deal with lextek full set up headers all the way to can , so cat is gone and i can keep my one and put it back on if i like , good deal from lextek €410 to the door ,should have it in few days will put it on and get back to you on what i think ,

That should do the job . Good Luck

Tks for the vids , might look at doing that, but i am after getting a good deal with lextek full set up headers all the way to can , so cat is gone and i can keep my one and put it back on if i like , good deal from lextek €410 to the door ,should have it in few days will put it on and get back to you on what i think ,
That should work well all the way around. Let us know what you do.

Hi lads, ok part one is done ,i have got my new full system from lextek uk at€440 to my door ,its on the bike it looks good the can and pipes are of good quality for the money lot of work to put it on but now no how to take the 2 side fairing ,tank, and move the fan, all will Come in handy when changing air filter and oil. Have to say all the nuts and bolts on the bike and how its put together is good, i and coming from a Yamaha xtz1200 super tenere and Japanese bike all my life amy some pic will put up a soundtrack if i can .next up k/ N air filter and a run on the dyno to set all up tks20191127_104334.jpg20191204_210026.jpg

Good looking hardware. TUP

Looks good to me ,you go boy !

Mmmmmm. Shiny stuff.
Let us know how you like it.

Great looking kit TUP TUP

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom